IGNORED

Which Hybrid do you Use?

iacas
Note: This thread is 6696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They're woods ("metals" if you like Johnny Miller's term). The Rescue Dual and the Rescue Mid are hybrids.

You know better than to bring Johnny's name up in front of me.

Usually I associate Rescue = Hybrid.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
then you're telling me that since it's also 4 deg. stronger (17 deg. compared to 21 deg.) that it would go much further than the 3i no? All I want to know is if I'm replacing my 3 iron (21 deg.) should the replacing hybrid also be the same loft?

Try the hybrid out and see if it fill your yardage gap (between your 4-iron and your 3-wood or 5-wood or whatever is your next longest club). That's the surest way to get an answer for yourself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I use Adams Idea to replace my 4 & 5 irons and a Nike CPR to replace my 3 iron. I just love these clubs. Actually I sometimes feel more confident with these guys do then some short irons. They are great in the rough and are really easy to hit. Even they I get more carry than when I used a conventional 3,4, or 5, They don't go as high. So sometimes I have trouble with them landing soft on the green. But that is me and not the clubs I am sure.
The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

I use a Cleveland Halo, i just like it better than the Taylor Made.......

In My Bag
Driver: 905r 9.5 (Fujikura Speeder )
5-Wood: Titleist 904 (Fujikura Speeder)
Hybrid: Sonarted MD 21
Irons (2-PW) : Titleist AP2 RifleWedges: Vokey 50, 54, 60Putters: Scotty Cameron and Co Sterling and Stainless.Ball: Titleist ProV1

I have a CLK 20*. It's been very good to me. Previously I had a Halo, but I don't think the shaft got along with my swing (too whippy?). It setup and felt good, but shots would go left or right with little rhyme or reason. I know it could be operator error, but I can generally count on shots going the way I expect them to.

I was planning to have it reshafted in steel, when I came across the CLK with DG S300. I took it out for a demo and was hitting it so well (like 230 and straight off the tee and close to that off the deck) that I just traded the Halo for the CLK. I use the hybrid in place of a 5-wood/2-iron, but I'm thinking about getting one for the 3/4 iron slot.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

i test out a hybrid for the first time in my life and i can say it feel different compare to a wood...i miss hit the first time but after making some adjustment it works like a charm...it is sure a good club to replace those low number degree
Handicap Index: 16.4
Driver: Taylormade Burner 9.5 Degree
Wood: Nike Sasquatch 2 , Honshin Wood
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Degree
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

I tee'd off on a hole, narrow par 4, with my 21 deg. hybrid. Got a good swing on it and pure'd it..the other two guys were screaming that they needed to get one..I just ordered it for them a little while ago online..since they are internet illiterate..but anyway..Wilson needs to pay me for showcasing their product..or at least kick down a few balls.

Note: This thread is 6696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!