IGNORED

Nationwide Children's Hospital Day 3 (Day 1 for me)

bogeyme
Note: This thread is 5770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife and I made it out to the Scarlet Course at The Ohio State University for Day 3 of the NCHI tournament. We arrived around 10:00. We watched a couple of the guys on the driving range. About 10:30 we headed over to Hole number 1. Since this was the first time my wife had been on a golf course I wasn't sure how she would do. I told her to remember to keep quiet while they were getting ready to hit.

The group on the tee was Grant Waite and Casey Whitenberg. They both teed off and hit pretty good drives. Since they were the first group to tee off since we were there we decided to follow them. We ended up following them all day. Casey finished 1 under and Grant finished 1 over for the day.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed with Casey. He is a great golfer but his immaturity shows through. I realize that certain things come with the emotion of the game. I know of atleast 5 times that the f-bomb was dropped, and a few times gd was dropped. I figured as a professional he could keep his cool through the good and the bad shots but like I said sometimes the emotions get the best of you.

Grant on the other hand was great. He played much better than his score showed. He probably played 3-4 under but just couldn't get putts to drop. That's the breaks though. I spent most of the round with his wife and son. They were great too. Very friendly.

After the round was over I was standing off to the side of the scorer's tent and got both autographs. Casey started to walk past me but after I said something to him he signed my book and then walked off. Once again Grant was more of the gentleman and signed a stress ball I had and my book. Then even took time to talk with me for a minute.

Well it's off to Day 4. I'll be following Grant again today. I'll report my day tomorrow.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

Nationwide events can be a lot of fun. There is a stop in my town and I try and go at least one or two days every year. The crowds are nearly as big as the big tour, and most of the guys will communicate with you between holes if you are following them. The first two days are the best because there are guys all over the course all day long.

In Columbus, how crowded was it? Sometimes here I would be the only person following a particular group. Many times it would just me me and the players' families that came to watch. Although on Sundays here the grandstands are usually pretty full and you can get a couple hundred people following the lead group. I was just curious how another event compared to the one here.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Nationwide events can be a lot of fun. There is a stop in my town and I try and go at least one or two days every year. The crowds are nearly as big as the big tour, and most of the guys will communicate with you between holes if you are following them. The first two days are the best because there are guys all over the course all day long.

The crowds weren't all that big. There were a lot of people there but most of the time both yesterday and today there were only a handful of people following the group I was following. Some of the other guys had some pretty big followers though.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

Note: This thread is 5770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!