IGNORED

LG Dare

YogiTKE
Note: This thread is 5747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah you are right. Don't buy an iPhone because you have to pay extra for GPS. How many people actually use their phone for the GPS feature anyway. Use google maps for directions. They are used for talking, texting, entertainment and organization. iPhone trumps any phone out there including blackberry (which my wife has) at all of those. Good luck with the LG. I'll stick with my iPhone.

Actually I was wanting to buy a GPS unit for my car anyhow, so this saves me $300+. I don't need a full internet browser on my phone. I have a laptop for that. That's what laptops are used for.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

u have an iphone on tmobile? how does that work? thats what i have now tmobile

He must have an unlocked iPhone.

I assume jailbroken too immts007?

In my sunmountain.gif bag:
Driver  cleveland.gif  '09 Launcher 9* with Fit-On M Red X
Hybrids:  titleist.gif  585.H 21* with YS-6+ S, 585.H 17* with NVS Aldila X
Irons:  callaway.gif  Tour Authentic X-Prototype 4-PW with X100
Wedges:  callaway.gif  X Series Jaws 52*, 56*, 60*Putter:  callaway.gif  Tour Blue TT2Range Finder:  bushnell.gif  1500 TE

The touch screen was a little tough at first, but I'm used to it now and it's really easy.

I picked up my dare last night and it took about 15 minutes to get the hang of the touch screen typing. Now I am working on the scrolling but it seems to be getting easier. The one thing that I am disappointed in are the ugly animations that you can insert when texting. I moved from Motorola phones and their animations were a lot nicer.

Overall, so far, I love the dare.
question to the people with the dare, how much a month is youre plan/data? and if someon reads this with an I phone how much are your plans/data?

I pay 59.99 for 900 minutes w/18% discount on plan. $15 for the unlimited data/vcast.

I haven't had any problems typing on my Dare either. The touch screen can be a little flakey at times doing other things (navigating a menu or especially scrolling), but typing has been a breeze. The thing I'm most disappointed with is the mp3 player. No album art, songs played in alphabetical order . . . lame. I realize it's primarily a phone, but if LG is going to also make it an mp3 player, then do it right not half-assed.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

I haven't had any problems typing on my Dare either. The touch screen can be a little flakey at times doing other things (navigating a menu or especially scrolling), but typing has been a breeze. The thing I'm most disappointed with is the mp3 player. No album art, songs played in alphabetical order . . . lame. I realize it's primarily a phone, but if LG is going to also make it an mp3 player, then do it right not half-assed.

I have album art on mine and you can list the songs by playlist, artist, genre, or album. It's not half-assed at all. 8 gb memory card in it. Seems like a great combo of phone and mp3 player to me even though I have a Zen Vision.

---"Be the ball"---

Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I have album art on mine and you can list the songs by playlist, artist, genre, or album. It's not half-assed at all. 8 gb memory card in it. Seems like a great combo of phone and mp3 player to me even though I have a Zen Vision.

Not mine. It will do playlist, artist, genre, or album, but it plays albums in alphabetical order, not numerical order. And no album art at all. Did you transfer songs on your hard drive to the phone using Rhapsody? Or did you download songs?

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

Not mine. It will do playlist, artist, genre, or album, but it plays albums in alphabetical order, not numerical order. And no album art at all. Did you transfer songs on your hard drive to the phone using Rhapsody? Or did you download songs?

I transferred mp3s from my computer to my memory card in the phone. When you rip your mp3s, you have to have your program set to place the track number before the title if you want it to display the songs in track number order.

---"Be the ball"---

I transferred mp3s from my computer to my memory card in the phone. When you rip your mp3s, you have to have your program set to place the track number before the title if you want it to display the songs in track number order.

I'm assuming it's set that way because my Toshiba Gigabeat mp3 player plays songs in the right order. And when I transfer songs to flash drive for my car stereo, they play in the right order. They even display in Rhapsody in the right order, but not on the Dare.

• Administrator
I'm not going to allow links to things that violate copyrights and trademarks of others, particularly friends of mine.

You got the URL, Yogi, so I let it stand long enough for you to notice, but no longer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bought one of THESE . I like it. The rubber coating isn't as thick as I expected, but it looks nice and provides good protection. I had a screen protector on it too but it got kind of hazy so I took it off.

Note: This thread is 5747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!