IGNORED

Eugene - Emerald Valley and Tokatee

Note: This thread is 5730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As suggested by forum members, my wife and I stopped at Emerald Valley , just (30 min) south of Eugene. Very nice and pretty course. Easy to walk. Crowded with mostly students, but good pace. Greens are super fast and difficult.

Stayed in Eugene and drove to Tokatee the next day. About 1hr west of Eugene. Beautiful course. Not very difficult but the views are spectacular. Very friendly peole.
There is a clean looking Inn and a restaurant and country store 1/2 mile from the course. Not much else.
Rafting and fishing nearby. Great place to get away and spend a few days.
From there, 3 hr drive to Portland Airport

I played Tokatee this weekend and had a fantastic time. I had my second sub 100 18 hole round (99).

We probably have different ideas of what is 'difficult' To me, the greens at Tokatee were some of the most difficult I've played this year. Especially the 16th. I had two guys in my foursome hit what looked like perfect approaches toward the center of the green, only to watch them slowly, imperceptibly roll backwards and then drop down the steep skirt in front.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I am sorry. Yes the greens are fast and difficult. I meant the course in general is not super hard since may of the fairways are fairly straight and pretty wide. The 16th green is almost unfair if you have not played the course before. I ended up on the back of the green with a front placed pin. Barely touched the ball and it barely stayed on the green. A few more inches and I would have been down the slope and 30 yards from the green!

The greens at Emerald Valley were (in my opinion) faster and more difficult than Tokatee.

• 3 weeks later...
As suggested by forum members, my wife and I stopped at Emerald Valley , just (30 min) south of Eugene. Very nice and pretty course. Easy to walk. Crowded with mostly students, but good pace. Greens are super fast and difficult.

Emerald Valley, IMO, is a great old traditional course that will work you. Tokatee is beautiful and used to have some of the best greens in Oregon 10-15 yrs ago from what I understand. IMO the greens were much tougher at EV in speed and undulation. Tokatee is a great place to get away, EV is just a damn good course, well IMO.

Note: This thread is 5730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!