IGNORED

'06-'07 irons? Titleist, Mizuno, Nike?

Note: This thread is 5730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Possibly needing a 2nd set of irons (whole setup for that matter) to store in a summer camper. Will be played alot, but I don;t want my main clubs there. Anyway...I am now playing the MP57 and totally love them. Though always liked Titleist years ago. Having been out of golf, I am only up-to-date on basically this year's stuff.
I am a higher hdcp, but again I love and play the 57's well. What I love about the 57's, I know when I hit it good or bad, they don;t totally punish me on worse hits and when I hit them perfect it feels like I'm not hitting anything at all!

Maybe the 775 cb? I see 60's can be had on the cheap, but might be a little too tough for me ya think? Nike, I have no clue.
They will be gotten from ebay I can assume.

I only want to stick to the three brands mentioned.
Appreciate the responses.

907 D2 9.5 Adila
MP57
Various hybrids
Too many putters
Exodus

I like anything from the Mizuno line-up. You might be able to get some MP-60 or MP-32 irons for fairly cheap as they are being discontinued this year. Good luck on your search and let us know what you end up with.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

hey man definitely check out the 775cb's great clubs..... or better yet check out the 755 irons my dad has them and i like them but kinda tough to hit, for me anyways

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

Nike CCI and Nike CCi Forged, both really solid sticks in my opinion.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Considering your handicap, and because I am familiar with them and like them, I would recommend you try the Titleist 775s. I've got them, I like them and I intend to keep them. I especially like the short irons. Good luck.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I'd say the 775's are pretty sweet

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

• 2 weeks later...
Bring this back!
CCI forged or Pro Combo? THe combo sets are going really cheap, might be the ticket until next year when I can score soem AP2's I want.
Then I have to ask, Pro COmbo or regualr CCI? Ha!

907 D2 9.5 Adila
MP57
Various hybrids
Too many putters
Exodus

The Ci6's I ordered are meant for the mid handicapper. Looks like a players' club, but is a little more forgiving. When they get here, I'll give you a review - wouldn't be bad for a "2nd" set, and you can get them brand new for $200 now - they used to be in the $400-$600 range.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Bring this back!

Both sets are great in my opinion. My dad has the Pro Combo and those things are awesome.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Mizuno, nothing feels better than Mizunos, have you considered a combo set? check out ebay.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

If you can find 'em, get the pro combo OS's.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

I think I'm gonna go for the CCI forged and give them a try.

If you don't like them, you can always send them to me

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

If you don't like them, you can always send them to me

Will do!

Any clue on the forgiveness factor of the CCI forged compared to my 57's?

907 D2 9.5 Adila
MP57
Various hybrids
Too many putters
Exodus

Note: This thread is 5730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!