IGNORED

3 wood...

Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't thing you would go wrong with a TM,Ping, or Callaway.

Titleist Hybrid Stand Bag White & Lime Green
- TM Tour Burner 9.5 Degree, Aldila Proto by You
- TM R5 Ti 3 Wood
- TM Burner Hybrid #3,#4,#5
- Titleist AP2 6-PW, Project X 5.5 Shafts- Titleist Vokey 50 degree Black Nickel- Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Satin 54 and 58 Degree- Titleist Scotty...

I have yet to find a 3-wood that is easier to hit than mine....and I tried just about every one Golf Smith had available to demo. In the end, you gotta try as many as you can cause every golfer is different. Good luck!

I'll most likely go with the PING G10 3W in 15.5 degrees.....however the 4W is really.....reallly appealing to me now. More loft but the same shaft and clubhead size.....hmmmmm. Going with 4W would give me some really nice loft and I could forgo a 5W and keep every club that's currently in my bag.

I have seen and heard a lot of people doing this; 4w and the 21 hybrid

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

My advice is to try out a few that you like, by try I mean off grass on a range or on the course. In my experience if you can hit a 3 wood comfortably off the fairway then it's going to be really easy off a tee, but the reverse isn't true.

Also, consider carefully the length of the 3 wood. Not that long ago a standard 3 wood was somewhere in the order of 42" long and over the past 10 years 43" and even a touch longer has become the norm. When you are trying them out, grip down an inch or so and see what happens, you'll probably make better ball contact than at full length. In the modern quest for more distance we seem to have gone mad with generating more clubhead speed and increased shaft length delivers it but usually at the expense of getting the ball in the middle of the clubface.

I hit the Callaway X 15 deg (stock stiff) and the Ping G10 15.5 deg (prolaunch red) today... Was not a fan of the callway - felt like I caught it fat too often and flight was high & right, which was a surprise. Ping had a nicer flight, perhaps a bit too low but was more consistent. I think this club would be nicer with the stock TFC shaft.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW

I recently decided to start carrying a 3 wood again. Picked up a brand new Sonartec GS Tour 14* for $80. These were originally about $350 but the company went out of business. They're fantastic clubs if you can find one. It's by far the best 3 wood I've ever played. Nice and straight and loooooong!

I'm with you on the fact that they're SWEET clubs but they were on sale at Golf Galaxy for $35 (sold out now)

Practically brand new (website listed them as demo clubs but none of them had a mark on them)

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Love the 3w I'm playing, which is the Cobra LD Speed series.

In My Ogio Grom Bag:

Driver: Taylormade r7 Superquad 460 CC
3 & 5 Wood: Cobra LD M Speed Offset
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler DWSIrons: Titleist AP1 4I-GW Sand Wedge: Callaway WarbirdPutter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1 Glove: Footjoy WeathersofShoe: Footjoy PRO Saddle DryjoyBall: Titleist NXT...

Well, after my trial of the Callaway x and Ping G10 yesterday, I stumbled across a Callway Fusion 3 wood with the stock Aldila NVS shaft (stiff). After a few hits I knew it was better than the others - much more suited to my swing and was straighter, more consistent and a lovely trajectory.

Its now in the bag, and the par 5's are becoming reachable in 2 now...

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW

no one is using a Callaway FT wood?

They look really nice. Not a huge monster but more of a traditional style/size and the face isn't closed 500 degrees like so many of the woods out there.

I agree with whoever said that above, what is the deal with manufacturers closing the club faces so much on off-the-shelf clubs?! It's downright irritating at address.
R7 Superquad 10.5* REAX regular flex shaft
FT 5 wood
675XC forged irons 3-PW, True Temper DG SL stiff(S300) shafts
55* BeCu sandwedge
e6+ balls or ProV1
Cougar X-cat putter (odyssey 2-ball rip-off)

I just got a new fairway wood, although not a 3 wood. I went with a 4 wood. It is 16.5* and a touch shorter shaft. It filled the gap between the driver and 3 iron better for me than a three wood and it was a little more forgiving as there was more loft to it, and I am only giving up about 5 or 6 yards in distance. By the way, it is a Mizuno F-60. Very nice club!

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!