IGNORED

Who is the better Joker?

pjsnyc
Note: This thread is 5744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who played the better Joker?

• Jack
    • Heath
    • Neither

Nicholson's Joker had more emphasis on the "haha" element of the "Joke." Ledger's Joker was more true to his calling card: unpredictable, fleeting... a "wild card."

Someone said that Nicholson's Joker was funnier. I have to disagree. Ledger's humor came in exposing society's flaws, from a sense of intense irony, and even from a cavalier sense of invulnerability. I'm sorry, but there's really nothing funnier than baiting the entire police department (as well as your nemesis) into capturing you, revealing you've kidnapped two important people, forcing them to choose, but switching the directions. This is funny because it embodies his wild card concept; he represents the uncontrolled, unbridled nature of humanity. He always has a trick up his sleeve. Can you honestly say the hospital scene with Harvey Dent isn't funnier than any of Jack's stuff? That's irony. And the cavalier attitude you sought from Nicholson's character? The chase scene where the Joker is launching gigantic rockets out of an 18 wheeler? Hilarity.

I really wish the movie had somehow incorporated raining wads of cash all over the city as an homage to the original, because I think it's a fantasticly creative way of inducing panic. The "60 minutes" made me laugh out loud, but it wasn't quite the same.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...
Heath was the better Joker. Although he did benefit from a mush better script. I thought that Jack Nicholson could have done a better job in the other Batman if he was given a better script. It was just a different style of movie.

I couldn't agree more.

Ledger put on an outstanding performance. Such a waste that he's gone....so much talent squandered... I really like the last two Batman movies much better. Excellent flicks. I can only wonder what comes next.......
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I honestly don't see it as even a contest but I wouldn't blame it on Jack.

Tim Burton made that Batman and he wanted a whimsical, silly character rather than a demented, insane type of character like the one that appeared in the comics.

That said Heath Ledger was amazing as the Joker, but I would think Jack could have pulled off that part as well.

Just look at him in The Shining....

Certified G.O.L.F. Machine Addict

They did a really good job of making a Joker who was not clearly motivated by personal gain or revenge... One who just wants to see the world burn, as it's said in the film. I do think that Jack could have played the character as well, but that isn't to take ANYTHING away from Heath Ledger's performance, which was exceptional.

All in all, I like the direction of the last two Batman movies much more than the original. The characters are just so much more developed, in my opinion.

What's in my Golf Bag:
Clubs

Note: This thread is 5744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!