IGNORED

Transferring range to the course

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey. Went out today to hit an early morning bucket and only took three clubs this time, the 3 wood, 6 iron and SW. I haven't swung in about a week, little more maybe, and after about 20 swings, something happened, and the hooks and pulls went away and all of a sudden I was carrying my 6 iron 160 (which is alot for me) with a nice draw in thick, humid air. I switch to the wood, and off the deck, was able to sail it over the 200 sign, maybe 215 or so? Holy Crap. Even the wedge was going about 10 yards beyond the 90 yard pin.

Now here's the problem, how do I transfer this Bucket From Heaven to the course. I was hitting off mats (grass was closed). Does that matter alot?

Thanks all.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

Now here's the problem, how do I transfer this Bucket From Heaven to the course. I was hitting off mats (grass was closed). Does that matter alot?

Just think the same way you do on the range really. Mats do make a big difference there completely different from grass, i hate them personnaly.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Hey. Went out today to hit an early morning bucket and only took three clubs this time, the 3 wood, 6 iron and SW. I haven't swung in about a week, little more maybe, and after about 20 swings, something happened, and the hooks and pulls went away and all of a sudden I was carrying my 6 iron 160 (which is alot for me) with a nice draw in thick, humid air. I switch to the wood, and off the deck, was able to sail it over the 200 sign, maybe 215 or so? Holy Crap. Even the wedge was going about 10 yards beyond the 90 yard pin.

Because you have hit a number of balls and have been able to get feedback on those shots...you athletic tendencies allow you to compensate for what is faulting in your swing. Unfortunately, compensations dont hold up for very long (they can be gone by the time you walk to the first tee)...you normal swing will come back. Also, you may see that your golfing improves as the round goes on. This isnt as much as you are getting looser (although if you are tight you wont play well)...but its because you have had some time to develop compensations. And like you said, after about 20 swings you began to develop good ball strikes...unfortunately...you may only take about that many full swings every 9 holes...so the curve for developing nice shots is a much longer process. The right answer is unfortunately the most tedious and most obvious. In your case, i dont think its a mental situation...its simply part of the development of your swing. Once your swing comes around, the consistency will be there...and you wont have to worry about transferring your game from the range to the course...because regardless of the venue...your game will be there.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

It definitely has something to do with the mat. The mat takes all of the essence of the divot away. If you hit it a little chunky off of the mat. It still looks great, but the grass would have slowed your club down already and not gone as far.

Just focus more on striking on the ball. Think that this is just a shot on the range and focus on making that practice swing instead of an intense course swing.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!