IGNORED

Weirdest Golf Injury

Stacey_E
Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wondering if anyone can top this weird golf injury?

On a 134 downhill par 3 at my home course, there is a tree where the limbs block the view and the shot into the left side of the green. My threesome teed off on this hole and I saw the weirdest thing!

One of my playing partners hit to the left pin location and stepped to the right to see his ball location. He kept stepping over then after the ball missed to the left he headed to the cart. Just a couple steps later, he looks down. To our surprise the tee marker was impaled in his leg just above the ankle between his two lower leg bones (tibia and fibula maybe?). The 4-6" inch spike had completely punctured his leg. Apparently, his stepped on the tee marker watching his shot and some how it rolled up as his klutzy butt tripped, and buried itself to the hilt in his leg. My other partner removed his Haynes tee from underneath his polo shirt and we made a makeshift bandage. Dude finished the round and played no worse than usual. Well he plays pretty poorly anyway.

Does anyone else have a weird story like this?

Just wondering if anyone can top this weird golf injury?

That is pretty crazy, he might want to think about getting a tetanus shot just in case. Other than having a ball ricochet off the lip of a fairway bunker and hit me in the elbow, I've never seen or had any weird golf injuries.

When I was 3 or 4 my family took a trip to a putt-putt course and I took a full swing while my brother was standing directly behind me and gave him a black eye.

Definitely rowdier than an impaled leg

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

about 1 year ago. I was at the driving range doing same driver training. I started my back-swing but when was the time to went down my right arm stayed there, my right shoulder stucked there.
It was my most painful moment ever.

driver: FT-i
woods: x-woods 5
hybrid: 585H 24°
irons: AP2 4-PW
wedges: X- tour 52° 56° 60°putter: kastern B60balls: tours ix or pro v1x

I wasn't there but here is a short injury story from a good friend of mine. He was in his late 20's and it was his first time out. It had been raining so the course was a little wet. First tee, first swing. He swings, slips on the wet grass (no golf shoes) and breaks his left ankle. During his fall in pain, he falls awkwardly and fractures his right leg (one of the shin bones). Needless to say, he doesn't play golf anymore.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

One of my best friends just got married and he and his new wife play in my league. Well, the week after they returned from their honeymoon they just happened to be paired together and he hit her with his drive from the #4 tee ! She was standing pretty much to his back during address but just slightly in front of the ball, like if he's standing over his ball she was at about "7 o'clock" to him. He kills the ball but is wild and his shot somehow went straight at her, hit her hand, and then her back. Yikes!

BTW, she's the better golfer.

My web design business

I was driving the golf cart over rough terrain once, hit a particularly big root, bounced off the seat and when I came back down, jammed my right hand awkwardly against the steering wheel. Broke the ring finger on my right hand.

Former playing partner in college was riding in the passenger's seat of another guy's cart one time and got hit by a crow that flew into the cart with them. Cut him down the side of the face and on the left shoulder.

Countless hit-by-golf-ball stories and thrown-from-the-cart stories.

Guy I went to college with drove his ball into a tree, and it stuck. The tree was rotten. So brilliant boy that he was, decided to climb up the tree and fetch his ball. Rotten limb he was standing on broke, he hit the ground from about 8 feet up and gave himself a mild concussion.

Oh, and I was riding with the guy that got hit by a crow a few years after that, when he was looking down at his cell phone while we were cutting across the parking lot and he hit a car head-on. He twisted his right foot and ended up not playing the whole round.

Jess

a painful golf injury i had was i chipped the ball in the hole and went to retrieve it and when i put my hand in the cup, the fiberglass flag-stick was partially shattered and i sent a shard under my fingernail

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

My grandpa was in some thick rough just outside the green that was considered out of bounds, and didn't want to take a penalty. So he goes up to hit it. He hits it barely hits the top of the ball since it was basically buried.

It came up and hit him square in the nose causing an instant bloody nose. It was HILARIOUS until we saw him bleeding, but hes 100% man so he wiped it and finished off the round.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Good lord, all of this sounds painful. I've never had any sort of strange injury like that, but after this post, I think I may be due. The only injury I've incurred is that my shoulder seems pretty torn up from swinging the club too much and not resting it. I'm taking a few days off .

In My Ogio Grom Bag:

Driver: Taylormade r7 Superquad 460 CC
3 & 5 Wood: Cobra LD M Speed Offset
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler DWSIrons: Titleist AP1 4I-GW Sand Wedge: Callaway WarbirdPutter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1 Glove: Footjoy WeathersofShoe: Footjoy PRO Saddle DryjoyBall: Titleist NXT...

Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!