IGNORED

Tiger's Driver off the Fairway!!!!!

gas_can
Note: This thread is 7043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Unbelivable, I was watching the tournament tonight on Tivo. Tiger hit his 3-wood off the tee about 240 and then a driver off the fairway 260 right to the green with a low cut.

I used to be able to hit my driver off the deck, but that was when I was using my 300cc Callaway warbird! I'd be too scared of collapsing the face of my driver let alone the 460cc one Tiger uses!

What a shot!

• Administrator
Unbelivable, I was watching the tournament tonight on Tivo. Tiger hit his 3-wood off the tee about 240 and then a driver off the fairway 260 right to the green with a low cut.

You left out the best part: pin high. I know that it's mostly a matter of luck at that point, but there it was, 15 feet from the hole or so, pin high. It hit pretty softly, bounced, rolled. Pin high.

I used to be able to hit my driver off the deck, but that was when I was using my 300cc Callaway warbird! I'd be too scared of collapsing the face of my driver let alone the 460cc one Tiger uses!

I used to have an old Titleist PT 9.5 that I could hit off the deck, too, but nothing over 300cc. Yow! I wasn't even sure you could do it! I think Hank Haney himself pointed out "well, not everyone has a 130 MPH swing speed either."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nothing that I can do but it does remind me of a story about Moe Norman. Supposedly, while playing a course for the first time, he asked his playing partner about the par 4 he was about to tee off on. The partner told him that it was a driver and then a PW to the green. Moe promptly teed off with his PW and hit a driver to the center of the green.

Mike Jones

Pin high to within 15 feet too. (Oops iacas said that) That most certainly was an amazing shot. Tiger's really ripping at the ball again. What a monster swing.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Nothing that I can do but it does remind me of a story about Moe Norman. Supposedly, while playing a course for the first time, he asked his playing partner about the par 4 he was about to tee off on. The partner told him that it was a driver and then a PW to the green. Moe promptly teed off with his PW and hit a driver to the center of the green.

I like that story a lot. If anyone could do it, it'd be old Moe, he was a big believer in sweeping swings even with his irons. I think he'd vomit in disgust after watching the dirt fly when I'm at the range.

My driver is kinda big and I can hit it off the deck great but that is because I practice a lot and my ball striking is great. When I hit it I cant hit it pin high but I can keep it on the green. I only use the shot in wind or when the round is already down the drain and I just wanna show off.
WITB
R7 TP 10.5* Fujikura SIX
R580 Fairway Fujikura Vista Pro 60
200 Steel 5 wood Fujikura Tour PLatform 27.3
Steelhead X-14 Pro series 52* Black Nickle Vokey 8* Bounce56* Black Nickle Vokey 10* Bounce Scotty Cameron Newport Beach 33"Pro V1 #8

Note: This thread is 7043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!