IGNORED

How does the Callaway tour ix compare to the pro v1 and the pro v1x

Note: This thread is 5734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How does the Callaway tour ix compare to the pro v1 and the pro v1x. I was just wondering bc I went to a swing monitar and they printed out a thing telling me what would be the best ball for me and it said the callaway tour ix so I was just wondering if anyone has played these balls

I play them and love them. I think they're a slightly better ball than the Prov1x.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I was the exact opposite. I felt as though it was a drop in distance (not much) for me, as well as more side spin off of the tee. Around the greens, the balls was stopping, just not spinning back the way the pro v1x does. The funny thing, is that golfballselector.com gave me the callaway ball as my number 1, that is the reason I tried it. I went back to the pro v1x the next round. Not a bad ball, just not for me.

I was the exact opposite. I felt as though it was a drop in distance (not much) for me, as well as more side spin off of the tee. Around the greens, the balls was stopping, just not spinning back the way the pro v1x does. The funny thing, is that golfballselector.com gave me the callaway ball as my number 1, that is the reason I tried it. I went back to the pro v1x the next round. Not a bad ball, just not for me.

That doesn't seem to make much sense to me. You got more spin off the tee, but less spin around the green?

I personally prefer the tour ix over the pro v1. I've hit alot of both and since i got the 2 free sleeves of IX i've been hitting those and NXT's.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

How does the Callaway tour ix compare to the pro v1 and the pro v1x. I was just wondering bc I went to a swing monitar and they printed out a thing telling me what would be the best ball for me and it said the callaway tour ix so I was just wondering if anyone has played these balls

Perhaps the place you went to, or the company who makes the monitor is spoon fed some Ben Franklins from Callaway. Same goes with how birdieman mentioned

www.golfballselector.com did the same thing. I would never trust a simulator or a company to pick a ball for me considering how much money talks between companies. Buy both, and play both on a course, on the same day. There is a reason why F/A-18 fighter pilots don't just got straight from their hours of simulation training to doing barrel rolls in the actual fighter jet the next day. It's a very extreme example, but along the same lines.
R7 Superquad 10.5* REAX regular flex shaft
FT 5 wood
675XC forged irons 3-PW, True Temper DG SL stiff(S300) shafts
55* BeCu sandwedge
e6+ balls or ProV1
Cougar X-cat putter (odyssey 2-ball rip-off)

That doesn't seem to make much sense to me. You got more spin off the tee, but less spin around the green?

I have a tendency to produce a left to right ball path for longer clubs, not the case around the green or from within 150. But there is no question in my mind that off the tee the IX spun more than the ProV1x. But around the green (FOR ME) it was the exact opposite. Many factors come in, swing speed, path, etc...

I have a tendency to produce a left to right ball path for longer clubs, not the case around the green or from within 150. But there is no question in my mind that off the tee the IX spun more than the ProV1x. But around the green (FOR ME) it was the exact opposite. Many factors come in, swing speed, path, etc...

There is no question in your mind that this ball is magical and no amount of marketing hype can convince you otherwise.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

There is no question in your mind that this ball is magical and no amount of marketing hype can convince you otherwise.

What? Why dont you read my post about golf ball reviews to realize that although I play Pro V1x, I have been experimenting with 20 different balls. Marketing had nothing to do with it. If it were marketing, I would play Nike's right? After all, they are the best at marketing. No ball is magical, it is what works best for an indiviudal. Apologies if my not liking this ball offends you in some way.

The tour iX is my current ball of choice. It is designed to be longer for the mid level swing speed player than the other performance balls and more durable. Because of that you will lose some short game spin.

These balls fly long and straight, and have adequate greenside control for me. Not as good as a ProV1 or ProV1X around the green, but for someone with a mid level swing speed, they will usually be farther and straighter off of the tee. That is what they are designed for.

The thing i really love is that they are the most durable performance ball i have ever played.

2 thumbs up!

I'd say it is somewhere between v1 & v1x. All from my own subjective experince.

v1 is the softest & spinniest, no doubt. v1x is the hardest.
I can't say if v1x or IX spins more than the other, v1 spins more than both tho, quite a bit.
On & around the green - V1 has the most feel, followed by IX & last v1x (of the 3 ^^).

I play v1 for the feel & spin, if I wanted a ball with more distance it would be ix & not v1x I think, however I would play I over IX any day.
Putter: Never Compromise - GM2 3
Driver: Ping G10 10,5° / Aldila DVS 60 S
Hybrid: PP Select 5000 - 15° / True Temper Dynamic Gold x300
Irons: Titleist AP2 - 3-PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold x100
Wedges: Titleist spin milled oil - 52, 56, 62° / True Temper Dynamic Gold S300Ball: Titleist ProV1

Note: This thread is 5734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!