IGNORED

Caddying

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 4789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well sometimes you carry 2 bags 2 putters which is the maximum. Sometimes just 4 putters is all you carry. You basically look where the ball goes, rake sandtraps and help read putts if needed. It's a real easy $120 by carrying 4 putters for 18 holes.

« Keith »

• 2 years later...

Just started my 2nd year of being a part time caddie (I work a regular job during the week, and usually caddie one day on the weekend).  I'm currently an "A" level caddie now, so my rates are $40 per bag (mandatory) plus any type of tip.  I usually make about $20 in tips for a total of $60/bag, sometimes more, sometimes less.  So our club's caddies don't work COMPLETELY for tips, which is nice.

New this year is the ability for "A" caddies to double bag (the rate for carrying 2 bags is $60, plus any tips that you might get).  I would think double bagging would be ROUGH, but I've not done it yet so I'm just guessing.

I LOVE it so far, our club is beautiful, we get free golf on Mondays (if there are no corporate events) ... so I try to go out on Monday after work for a quick 9 holes before it gets dark.

As one of the other posters mentioned, I'd love to do it full time if it could come close to my regular salary!

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

Just out of curiousity, if someone did this full time, what could they expect to make?

I recently got laid off from my job and am looking for full time employment, but in the meantime have signed up to be a caddy at the local country club.  I have no idea what to expect, or what the pay will be, but I'm just looking for something that I can do to pick up some extra cash.  Plus it will give me the chance to play free golf on Monday's.

Well if I do random math:

-50$ per bag and can carry 2 bags

-Most likely can only get 2 groups in a day

-Say you work 5 days a week

-and the season is year round.

(replace anything so it is more fitting to you)

50$ x2 = 100$ (Group) X2 = 200$ (Day)  X5 = 1000$ (week) X4 = 4000$ (month) X12 = 48,000$ (year)

I know several guys who caddy out at the Augusta National Golf Club.  Some full time and some part time.  The money there is quite good.  Those guys can make upwards of $300 a day, but the problem is the work is sporadic.  The ANGC has a lottery system for caddies so you have to be there but you may not end up getting a bag.  Caddies do form relationships with members so when those guys come into town they know they'll have a bag, but that only happens a few times a year.  Overall the full time caddies do well, but the season at the ANGC is from October thru May.  A lot of those guys will travel to other private clubs (Pine Valley in New Jersey, Cypress Point in California, etc.) in the off season and do the same thing, so if you're willing to travel like that you can make a fairly decent living from the work.  The biggest drawback I've heard is that there are no benefits.  No medical, no pension plan, etc.  Even unemployment benefits can be limited because you're an independent contractor and not an employee of the club.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Note: This thread is 4789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!