IGNORED

Donald MacKenzie, 775 forged, and the Sand Trap!

TigerCurtis333
Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I, in a couple of days, will be buying a set of Titleist 755 irons. Since I don't like throwing away money, I wanted to do some research comparing the 755 forged vs. the 755.CB.

So I start, and I try out some 755.CB at Foxy Golf. I then find some 755 forged that felt great at another retail store. Needless to say, I wanted to do some independent research to find my better match.

Ok now stay with me - I want to find a great review for the 755 forged, while also comparing the other sets of cb.

I google it, read the first one that looked good, and LOVE. Every single piece, literally, of information I wanted was in this one review. I was very, very impressed with it, and it made my choice very obvious.

I leave the computer, walk back, and scroll back to the top. Here, without even noticing it, I was reading a review from Mr. MacKenzie, of this very own site, the Sand Trap.

So - fantastic job! Your reviews here are helping more people than you know! How about that?

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

I think you may have been a bit unintentially confusing in your post above. Donald McKenzie reviewed the 775s, not the 755s. In your post, I would guess, at some point, you meant to reference the 775s. For the sake of clarity, you may wish to restate your comments.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I think you may have been a bit unintentially confusing in your post above.

Whoa. I'm guessing that's sarcasm. Or at least, I'm hoping that's sarcasm.

I was referencing doing research between the 755 CB's and the 755 FORGED irons. Similar, but still different clubs.

In my bag:
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Whoa. I'm guessing that's sarcasm. Or at least, I'm hoping that's sarcasm.

No, I think you are mistaken. Go to the Titleist website. Look under the heading of 2007 irons. You will note that there is only one model 755. It is forged and it is a cavity back iron. Mr. Mckenzie reviewed both the 775cb and the 755, both cavity backs and both forged. I intended no sarcasm, only to point out that you may have unintentially erred by confusing the two. Certainly, no harm intended. My only intent was to call your attention to what appears to be an unforced error so that you may correct it.

shortgame85
In the Bag:

EDIT!!!! My friend, you were correct!!!

Wow - yes, I meant the 755's. With my amazing eyesight, I didn't even realize the others were 775, 735. My fault - not one of my stronger moments!

Again, you were correct - my reference was to the 755 forged - not the 775 Cb's. My "sarcasm" post was that I still didn't see the difference. I thought you had said, "I think you meant the 755's...not the 755's.

I need glasses....

In my bag:

I am not mistaken at all. The earlier review is about the 775cb iron. The later review is about the 755 iron. Read the heading of each review and see for yourself.

shortgame85
In the Bag:

EDIT!!!! My friend, you were correct!!!

No problem. I was only trying to provide clarity to an otherwise fine post.

For the record, my eyesight sucks, too. I wear bifocals.

shortgame85
In the Bag:

Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!