IGNORED

Putting + Sledging.

Aus_E
Note: This thread is 5734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Between friends in a friendly game thats totally fine with me - i do it, so go ahead.

Where i think it is absolutly misplaced is in any kind of matchplay/tournament situations never mind if with buddies or strangers.
E.g. a couple of days ago i played a best-/bad ball competition with guys from my club. I have a 3footer to win the hole or a miss for half.

I miss and this overcompetive idiot makes a fistpump - ARE YOU SERIOUS???? That imo is totally out of line - it wont get me out of the gameplan anyways since i can ignore such things pretty well - but afterwards i sure will take my mental note to stay away from such idiots for future games...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

"I pride myself on sledging my mates during rounds, trying to take away any ounce of self-confidence they may have. You may think im an ******* for doing so, but i dont care. "

Clearly you dont recongnise sarcasm. I forgot that you "cultured englishmen" take everything literally.

To answer 'mrgilmore's' question, yes, greensborough is about 1 hour away from frankston. Not so far now that the new freeway is open Like i said, i would never go out and sledge people during a round that i didnt know, unless it was 'Sergio77' for obvious reasons.. My mates give me shit when i make mistakes and i give it right back to them. Funny as heII when they start to let it get to them, and their insults back come out only half hearted. Sledging about the equiptment they are using is always a good one, cuts one of my mates real deep. "What happened to the Mizuno then, you hack?" He always come back with.. "Nice TaylorMades.... Taylor made for shit golfers." Good fun.

I don't mind a bit of good natured kidding with my friends, but there is a time and place for it. During a casual round fine, as long as the rest of the foursome is good with it. In a tournament, then it should be play by the rules, including good etiquette. That doesn't mean that you turn into a complete stoneface, just that you use some judgment when there is something other than pride on the line.

What I really don't care for is those who feel that they have to trash talk on every shot by every player. Instead of being witty it just becomes irritating. I can take kidding as well as anyone until it becomes mean spirited. Then it's no fun for anyone except the jerk who hasn't figured out that he has crossed the line.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do it to myself,a dn one guy who is a really funny person, and very relaxed so it's all good.

And guys, stop arguing, it's annoying. And off topic which you were trying to avoid.

In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I have one buddy I play with quite a bit that I "sledge" (new word to me, I like it) every chance I get. If you were to play with us you'd swear we hated each other the way we talk. We even slag each other when we're on the same team in a scramble. The harsher the better. And sarcasm is always great, again the harsher the better.

I love showing him where "the big boys hit it" when I hit a nice drive after a bad one of his.

Of course he's really the only one I treat like that. Of my other regular playing partners, one is a church-going guy and the other is my boss so they definitely don't get 'the treatment'.

And from my viewpoint, if you think calling someone a Nancy after hitting a putt short is calling them homosexual you're taking things way too seriously. You're not calling them a homosexual, you're calling them a woman. And woman doesn't equal inferior it equals "of lesser strength" hence the short putt.

Note: This thread is 5734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!