IGNORED

Decision for a cart versus stand bag

Note: This thread is 5735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a stand bag that is heavy (7 - 8 lbs without clubs) but it has compartments for each club (it is an old Ebay item that I found - Proline Griplok bag).

I have one of the light bags by Sun Mountain that weighs 3.5 lbs but it is a pain to pull clubs out of it so I don't carry it anymore.

I use a push cart and regular cart 50 %/50%. I like the concept of a bag that has separate compartments - so I don't need headcovers except for the putter and driver.

Two bags caught my eye:
Bag Boy Revolver that has a cooler for beer/soda with separate compartments.
http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/bag-bo...-cart-bag.html

Bag Boy Clip Lok Stand Bag
http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/bag-bo...stand-bag.html

Which would you choose? Are there any alternatives that you suggest?

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

I have a Revolver and I really like it because I like keeping my bag organized. I never have to search for the right club - I know exactly where it is. And it has plenty of pockets for the typical stuff. I like the revolving top and clip-locks too, but to be honest, I don't use them as much as I thought I would. I would probably be just as happy with that stand bag you linked to or the non-revolving cart bag.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

You mentionned your current bag is pretty heavy so I don't know if weight is an issue but if it is you probably don't want to go with the Revolver since it's heavy. I would definately look at the OGIO's. I find they make a lot of great golf bags at really low prices.

OGIO

Dre
In my OGIO Kingpin bag:
Driver/Wood - Callaway Hyper X 10*, Ping G10 (3)
Hybrids - Adams IDEA A3 Boxer (3) 19*, Adams IDEA TECH A4OS (5) 25*
Irons/Wedges - TaylorMade R7 5-PW, Titleist Vokey 52* Gap, 56* Sand and 60* Lob
Putter - Nike Ignite 002

I like the revolver too. I get so frustrated with my bag b/c of the grips rubbing each other making it hard to get clubs in and out.

What's in my Bagboy Revolver cart bag:

Polarity MTR Irons 2&3 (hybrid) thru PW
R7 Burner Draw Driver 460cc
R7 Burner 3 Wood 5614 Vokey Wedge Tour Chrome Studio Select 1.5 ProV1's

I have a stand bag that is heavy (7 - 8 lbs without clubs) but it has compartments for each club (it is an old Ebay item that I found - Proline Griplok bag).

Well, if you either use a pull cart or a powered cart (meaning you don't walk), then weight is not really an issue. The only time the bag gets lifted is when you are putting it on the cart or taking it off the cart, into your trunk. And your current bag has separate compartments for each club.

Sounds to me like you already have what you need... Why not put that $100 bucks towards something else? New shoes???

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

I've been using a Ping Moon-Lite for longer than I care to remember, my current one is only a few months old and replaced one that was getting old and ugly from too much use.

The thing weighs less than 2lb's, throw in a couple of gloves, a towel, a handful of tees, a rulebook and 4 or 5 balls plus your clubs and it's still exceptionally light. The thing I like most about it though is the single carry strap that stands up so you don't need to bend to pick it up. I've never been comfortable with carrying a golf bag over my right shoulder and all of the bags with dual straps/harnesses seem to be set up this way. The only thing against the Moon-Lite is it has no legs but you can usually find something to lean it up against or just chuck it on the ground. It doesn't have full length dividers either but if the sticks ever get tangled up all you need to do is grab the top with a hand either side and lightly bounce the bottom of it a couple of times and they untangle themselves.

I do have another stand bag (an Ogio) that I use if it's raining and need the stand to keep everything up off the ground and dry plus extra room for wet weather gear etc. It's a much much nicer bag, but it weighs a lot more and I hate the dual straps.

The thing you need to be asking yourself is, how much stuff MUST you carry. If the answer is not much then a simple small bag is the go, otherwise get a cart bag and fill it up!

Note: This thread is 5735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!