IGNORED

Scott from Manitoba, Canada

ScottRempel
Note: This thread is 5731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here on and off for a while so I figured it was about time I registered. As with most of you here, I LOVE to golf.

I'm 25 now and have been golfing since I was around 8. Unfortunately, due to several reasons, my scoring probably isn't where it should be with my experience. A lot of it is likely due to being self taught. The good news is that I finally had the opportunity to golf a bunch this year (done University, good job, etc.) for the first time since high school and I have made a noticeable improvement in my game...moving from mid-to-high 90s, down to lots of rounds in the 80s on a relatively difficult course.
I've never had an issue hitting the ball...except for that consistency thing ...birdie, par, bogey, par, triple bogey, double bogey...hard to score like that. Now that I've got the swing tuned up I'm hitting the ball consistently and looking forward to shooting some rounds in the upper 70s next year (this one is starting to wind down already ).

The most reliable part of my game has always been my putting. I'm definitely a "feel" putter and there are not too many putts I walk up to that I don't think I'm going to make. I love trying to make those 50 footers .
I'm also a relatively long driver from what I understand, getting the ball outwards of 300 yards. I've went through several periods of really bad slicing, which got me in lots of trouble, but with my improved swing I'm really starting to drive the ball well. I remember reading the thread/poll on this forum about driving distance and was somewhat surprised by the results. While I know I hit farther then a lot of people, there are actually quite a few people at my course that can blast it by me with ease. The one fellow I know can carry his drive to the green on a 313 yard uphill hole...now that's crazy.

Anyway, looks like I've rambled on enough for now. Looking forward to doing some posting now instead of just reading.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

Welcome to the forum, I'm from Winnipeg. Nice to see another Manitoban here.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Thanks for the welcome. I've golfed at your home course once...think it was a few years ago.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

I'm 19, and am in a similar position to you. I have been playing all my life, but I have never had a lesson. I have learned the game through watching the pros on TV in the early years and more recently, learning from YouTube videos.

Interesting how people with similar golfing backgrounds face similar challenges and similar victories: ball striking, driving, putting, etc...

Interested in reading more of your posts in the future!

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your Blue Bombers

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your Blue Bombers

Glad I'm not a big CFL fan or I'd feel really bad. I just try to ignore the fact that they are playing lol. Funny, because on paper they were supposed to be this Grey Cup favorite.

In my Datrek Rage bag:

Note: This thread is 5731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!