IGNORED

I think McCain just became the frontrunner

Smallville
Note: This thread is 5663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

She won't allow Joe Biden on her show either, so that cinches it! She's a racist.

or a sexist

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the article I referred you to, she said she didn't want her show to be a platform for ANY candidate. She had Obama on to talk about his book. I'll just repeat myself once then I'm done.

If I may also say so, a liberal like herself can tell the differences between the policies and plans of Hillary and Barack. Some people actually look at that versus "Do I want to back a black guy or a white woman?"
She won't allow Joe Biden on her show either, so that cinches it!

I think the word you're looking for is "clinches."

or a sexist

That makes no sense.

If I may also say so, a liberal like herself can tell the differences between the policies and plans of Hillary and Barack. Some people actually look at that versus "Do I want to back a black guy or a white woman?"

+1 ... nicely put

Check PM

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

or a sexist

That makes no sense.

As much as ganja and I have been butting heads on the political front, I am taking his sexist comment as merely a joke.

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

As much as ganja and I have been butting heads on the political front, I am taking his sexist comment as merely a joke.

I did suspect it might be.

Some of the other people are actually serious though.

I did suspect it might be.

as serious as those who suggest oprah is a racist

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I try to keep “who to vote for” politics pretty well off of this blog and prefer to discuss politics in general and better and worse strategies for promoting libraries in whatever political climate we happen to be in. People acutely interested in high level politics in the US who also work in libraries may be interested in this Time magazine article about Sarah Palin. I was very interested in this paragraph.

Stein says that as mayor, Palin continued to inject religious beliefs into her policy at times. “She asked the library how she could go about banning books,” he says, because some voters thought they had inappropriate language in them. “The librarian was aghast.” That woman, Mary Ellen Baker, couldn’t be reached for comment, but news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving “full support” to the mayor.

Usually I’m just happy to see libraries even mentioned in national level politics, but not like this. Mary Ellen Baker resigned from her library director job in 1999.

http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/s...in-vp-nominee/

Care to elaborate on exactly how?

in past elections delegates have pulled their votes and switched candidates, super delegates could not do that this year for fear of the idea that they pulled votes due to his race...

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I try to keep “who to vote for” politics pretty well off of this blog and prefer to discuss politics in general and better and worse strategies for promoting libraries in whatever political climate we happen to be in. People acutely interested in high level politics in the US who also work in libraries may be interested in this Time magazine article about Sarah Palin. I was very interested in this paragraph.

man I must have missed that article in Time, last time I checked they were the unofficial media outlet for Obama

they may have a small bias... I'll clearly admit fox has a bias and I have no problem with that

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

here we go................ MTV is getting political

this is ******** pathetic

is anyone watching this... McCain is going to love this, holy crap!!!! this is just a hail mary for the McCain committee.

Obama is indeed a celebrity

Daniel Duarte

man I must have missed that article in Time, last time I checked they were the unofficial media outlet for Obama

outside of who is reporting it, the facts speak for themselves that palin tried to fire the librarian for her not removing books from the library

I think the word you're looking for is "clinches."

I usually use the word I'm looking for.

See number four:
cinch (snch)n.1. A girth for a pack or saddle. 2. A firm grip. 3. Something easy to accomplish. See Synonyms at breeze1. 4. A sure thing; a certainty. v. cinched, cinch·ing, cinch·es v.tr.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

This is actually a terrible move that won't matter because America won't vote for Obama when it matters.

Well...lets think about that. If experience counted...then who has the most experience?? HHmmm....I think Palin has a great deal more experience than Obama based on the governmental positions that she has held. She is a heck of a lot prettier too!!

Tools of my game:
Burner 09' Driver 10.5 Reg flex
5-pw G10's/ plus Taylormade R7 4 iron
Burner 08' 4 Hybrid
A70S 3 Hybrid Burner 09' 3 wood "Zing" SW 56 degree Fastback Laser range finder / plus Skycaddie SG5...also a great ball retriever!!

Palin is weak in terms of experience, although I do value two years of executive experience it is on the light side. Obama's camp will critize her experience, but keep in mind she's a VP. If anything, inexperience should come from below, not from the top Barack.

It's great that washington insider Biden was selected, he'll really put that foreign relations experience when he's at funerals and at schools watching kids read.

Daniel Duarte

To rephrase an old saying:
I only KNOW what I don't read in the newspaper.

The media today cannot be neither trusted nor believed .
Bias is so widespread, I usually take what I read or see as "probably wrong".

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Today the papers will highlight the fact that Palins church is hosting a conference that will be discussing the prospect of converting / healing homosexuals through prayer... this is pretty messed up, I'll be the first to admit it...

but.... where was the massive media pressure with Obama and Jeremiah Wright, oh... thats right, it was passion from the pulpit. I forgot you can only be racist if you're white

Obama got off from that one pretty fast, all he had to do was say he wasnt friends with him afer stating he was a great friend and was a church member for x amount of years. How much more can this guy get away with?

Daniel Duarte

McCain was integral in not having MLK day as a holiday in Arizona, yet his immigration policies are far more lenient than Obama's - McCain loves the illegal workers.

Obama's disassociation with Rev. Wright shows that he'll run from a challenge, rather than defend himself.

McCain's wife wore a $300,000 outfit to the GOP convention. That's very representative of us common folk.

Biden's not the beacon of change. A Washington insider through and through.

If McCain, who has known health issues dies in office, do you really want Miss Congeniality running the country? It took her four schools and six-and-a-half years to get a journalism degree.

There will be no winner in this election.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I just find it strange that so many people are considering and analyzing things based on the prospect that he could die! That's kind of funny, he'll be alright though.

pretty much we're picking the lesser of two evils but I cant stand how people say "the economy is in a recession (which it is not), we need jobs (we continue to have an incredibly low unemployment rate), people are losing their homes (well, dont buy a 600K house when all you can afford is a morgage for a 450K house), gas is high (have fun with opec and the middle east, no one is ever going to see a 1.50 again, period)

Daniel Duarte

Note: This thread is 5663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!