IGNORED

I think McCain just became the frontrunner

Smallville
Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

McCain's selection of Palin has stirred things up-------------------for the moment. Governor Palin will now face serious, detailed questions about foreign and economic policies, and she has to do better than when she responded to Charles Gibson's question about the "Bush doctrine" with the response of "In what respect, Charlie?" She obviously did not know what it is, and was trying to get him to throw her a "life line". In terms of the financial industry, she had better know the names of all the laws that have been passed to deregulate the banking industry and let banks do activities that the Glass-Steagall Act and other laws prohibited them from doing. Here is an excerpt from "Newsweek":

The Glass-Steagall Act is the Depression-era law that separated commercial and investment banking. It was functionally repealed in 1998, when Travelers (the parent company of Salomon Smith Barney) acquired Citicorp. And it was officially repealed in 1999. But recent events on Wall Street-the failure or sale of three of the five largest independent investment banks-have effectively turned back the clock to the 1920s, when investment banks and commercial banks cohabited under the same corporate umbrella

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...she has to do better than when she responded to Charles Gibson's question about the "Bush doctrine" with the response of "In what respect, Charlie?" She obviously did not know what it is, and was trying to get him to throw her a "life line".

Not according to the "business owning" members of this board. She just wanted to know exactly which paragraph of the doctrine he was referring to. C'mon PEZ, weren't you paying attention?

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

From

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26819782/ :
At the insistence of the McCain campaign, the Oct. 2 debate between the Republican nominee for vice president, Gov. Sarah Palin, and her Democratic rival, Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., will have shorter question-and-answer segments than those for the presidential nominees, the advisers said. There will also be much less opportunity for free-wheeling, direct exchanges between the running mates. McCain advisers said they had been concerned that a loose format could leave Ms. Palin, a relatively inexperienced debater, at a disadvantage and largely on the defensive.

Fear is an ugly trait ...

From a Democratic news source. Funny how Fox News has a different spin on it.

Neither is surprising, that's true

Coming from the guy giving us UFO updates.

have your laughs now but i fully expect you to bestow upon me the title of "messiah" when the ufo's come

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

• 2 weeks later...
Once again hitting the bong a little too early.

What would you know about that?

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

fyi, fox news is fake

No, it's that Fox News is less liberal.

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

No, it's that Fox News is less liberal.

The highest number actually proven to exist would not equal the total factual errors and outright lies of Fixed Noise.

A liberal who is sick of Americans being duped by their own self-interest.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

• 2 weeks later...
fyi, all news is fake.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

fyi, all news is fake.

Its the man. He's putting us down and feeding us false information

Don't trust anyone over 30! It's not that news is fake it's that the media is sooooo biased for democrats

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I think all blanket statements (yes I realize I am making one) like the above in regards to people, media, generalities...well in general, have some underlying ignorance to them which discredits the speaker/writer. Paranoia or playing the victim isn't attractive....one of reasons I don't date clingy women.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

i wonder if comedians will make fun of obama if (when) he becomes president.....

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

i wonder if comedians will make fun of obama if (when) he becomes president.....

Considering that comedians had much more fun making jokes at Clinton's expense than even at Dubya, that shouldn't be a problem.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

The highest number actually proven to exist would not equal the total factual errors and outright lies of Fixed Noise.

What are you talking about? You talk about other people being crazy and all this, fox news is the only news that is not biased, and that also deliver positive news also, not just another newscast like: well 2 more people died in iraq, this building got blown up there, the economy sucks. Fox is actually positive for a lot of the time.

Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!