IGNORED

Opinions on the nike one platinum

Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Agreed and quoted for truth

aww, thanks!

Gotta say, i think i can cope with the dented pride of losing the balls...its just the problem of each round of golf costing a couple of quid more than it first seems, soon starts to add up! sabertooth, why didnt you just swap em for the blacks....a more distance oriented ball "should" give you more disatance and at that price more spin on the greens, but shouldnt be so spinny that it will destroy your drives. Could improve your game!

Driver: Sumo 5000 9.5 Degrees Aldila Proto VS Stiff shaft.
Hybrid: 4DX IW 20 Degrees Stiff shaft.
Fairway Wood: 15 Degrees 3 wood Fujikura Red stiff Shaft.
Irons: Tour Burner 4 - PW.
Wedges: Z groove 52 Gap Wedge, CG11 Black Pearl 56* Sand Wedge, Vokey Black nickel 260.04 60 Degree Lob Wedge.

I'm a cheap-o, and I'm proud of it. If I were to buy balls, they'd be the cheapest Srixons there are. I think the lowest they are are around $20. I am in love with these. My aunt gave me a sleeve of them, and they have to be one of the nicest balls I've ever hit. I, personally, dislike the One Platinums. I think they are a bit overrated, and overpriced.

Amen to that. Thats why I love my Laddie-Xs. 2 dozen for $20. A few weeks ago I bought a box of a dozen Precept XP3s for $20 (and a Precept hat was included with it). Ive never heard of XP3s, but when you can get a dozen balls and a hat for $20, thats a pretty good deal.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If this is your 1st year using the soft higher end balls, it will be real cool at first to watch your wedge hit the green & spin back. It's like a novelty, I loved it even if it left a longer putt. But once that novelty wore off I was sick of hitting a 9 or PW into the green & watching it snap back all the way to the fringe or even off the green. The Platinums have that much spin on them. I prefer the Blacks or Pro V1x if you're going to spend the $$
In My X Bag:

Driver: Sasquatch 460 Graffaloy NT Stiff 9.5°
3 Wood: X 15°
5 Wood: FT-5Irons: MP-52 Project X 5.5GW: Vokey 200 Series 52°SW: Wilson Staff R.Mendralla 56°LW: Vokey Spin Milled 60°Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls: Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for bringing up an old post, but for you guys who play ProV1/V1x would you switch to the One Blacks or Platinums if you could get them new for under $30 a dozen?

In my Extreme Sport II Stand Bag
Driver: Sasquatch Sumo2 10.5*
Hybrid: Slingshot Tour 3 21*
Irons: CCI Cast 4-AW
Wedges: Tour Action 588 60*Putter: White Hot XG #1Balls: ProV1 and ProV1x

Don't think I'd ever play the Platinum's unless they were free. They scare me in all honesty. Way too much spin and 30 yds shorter than the other premium balls.

in my EDGE bag:

10.5* XLS HiBore Driver, Fuji stiff VP70
15* XLS HiBore 3 Wood Gold stiff
22*, 25* XLS HiBore 3H, 4H, Gold stiff MP-57 5-PW, DG S300 MP-R 52 gap, MP-R 56 sandwedge SM Vokey 60 Lob Newport 2 Detour Pro-V1X, NXT Tour, Callaway Tour iXIgolf NEO GPS

Don't think I'd ever play the Platinum's unless they were free. They scare me in all honesty. Way too much spin and 30 yds shorter than the other premium balls.

You say you play the ProV1x, so what about the black's? I played the Platinums last year when I was nowhere near good enough to play them, so I can't judge for myself from that experience.

In my Extreme Sport II Stand Bag
Driver: Sasquatch Sumo2 10.5*
Hybrid: Slingshot Tour 3 21*
Irons: CCI Cast 4-AW
Wedges: Tour Action 588 60*Putter: White Hot XG #1Balls: ProV1 and ProV1x

Softest balls I have ever played after old-school balatas.
What's in the Bag

Tour Burner 9.5* stock stiff shaft
Tour Burner 14.5* 3 Wood stock stiff shaft 3DX Ironwood 20* UST Proforce V2 regular shaft 690mb Irons 4-PW rifle flighted 5.5 shafts Forged 48* wedge Vokey Design spin-milled 54*, 60* wedges Studio Select Newport 2 mid-slant TP Red&Black BallsLowe...

I first used em when I was about 13 or so My dad still has a bunch. We sometimes pull out the old persimmon and his old blades and play 18.

What's in the Bag

Tour Burner 9.5* stock stiff shaft
Tour Burner 14.5* 3 Wood stock stiff shaft 3DX Ironwood 20* UST Proforce V2 regular shaft 690mb Irons 4-PW rifle flighted 5.5 shafts Forged 48* wedge Vokey Design spin-milled 54*, 60* wedges Studio Select Newport 2 mid-slant TP Red&Black BallsLowe...

Well i found one these balls and it looks brand spankin' new, and i was already looking at getting a sleeve to test them out so it worked out perfect. I will say they know how to spin, but I don't know I just wasn't playing good that day, and it just seemed like a perfect excuse to blame the new ball haha. I really like the feel off the driver, and the spin from 150 yards in is insane, but I won't spend that kind of money to bounce a ball off a cart path i'm stickin with the cheap stuff and my NXT's for now

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 8.5 stiff V2 shaft
Woods: IDrive 3 & 5 square (Callaway Clone)
Irons: Callaway X Forged 3-PW w/Rifle 5.5
Wedge: Titleist Vokey 2009 spin milled 52 degree Adams 60 degree
Putter: Maxfli BlackMax TwoBag: Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand BagBall: Whatever is in my bag that day

Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!