IGNORED

Opinions on the nike one platinum

Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just bought my first box of ONE PLATINUM. I usually don't buy top end balls like this, however I think that my game is at the point where a good ball could make a difference. What do you guys and girls think about them?

In My Limited Edition "Sir Isaac Newton Caricature" Big Bertha Tour Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha Fusion Ft-3
Hybrid: Big Bertha Heavenwood 3h
Irons And Wedges: Big Bertha X-12 3-Sw And
60* Vokey Spin Milled Oil-Can Lob-WedgePutter: White Hot Xg Sabertooth and a Futura Phantom Balls: Hx Hot Bite...

haven't used them, but i think reviews say they have a lot of spin. More than the pro v1.

I have switched from prov1's to taylormade TP Reds.

In my Vantage Bag:
Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5*
Woods: Steelhead Plus 3 and 5
Irons: Forged 300 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 52* and VR 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Red

Ive tried a dozen Nike One Platinums a while back. They are pretty soft and they spin pretty good, I just dont like the price.
Personally, I think that Pro V1s spin more than Nike One Platinums.
They are nice golfballs, but I cant see spending that much money on golfballs.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I'm a cheap-o, and I'm proud of it. If I were to buy balls, they'd be the cheapest Srixons there are. I think the lowest they are are around $20. I am in love with these. My aunt gave me a sleeve of them, and they have to be one of the nicest balls I've ever hit. I, personally, dislike the One Platinums. I think they are a bit overrated, and overpriced.

I personally like the TopFlite D2 line of balls. They are made by Callaway and come in: Feel, Straight, and Distance versions. And they are $18 for 15 balls!!!

In My Bag:

L5V 9.5*
X-Hot 3W
3H HybridIrons: Soon to Come X-Tour Forged 52* 56* 60* Wedges Detour 1

I like them a lot, but this year I switched to the Nike OneBlack. A little straighter and longer off the tee. And since I can't spin the ball consistently, I didn't notice a huge difference between the OneBlack and the OnePlatinum. I can definitely spin the Pro v1 more than either, however. But I don't like the feel of the Pro v1 nor the length off my driver and woods (shorter than the OneBlack).

I buy them from a guy who sells used balls for charity. He only sells spotless balls and even packages them in original boxes! $15 a dozen and you can't tell they are not new, other than some of them have corporate logos.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

Going from the Freak to argueably the spinniest ball out there may be a rude awakening to your hdcp.

If you're used to premium spin balls then your adjustment shouldn't take long. Like other's have posted they spin ALOT. I used V1's for a bit when I thought I could handle them, but when my swing was just a "little" off, esp on my driver, the ball would end up in the bushes instead of the rough. So if your Freak tails off 5-10 yds off centerline, the V1's and Plat's will prolly be 30 yd's off center and lose 30 yds distance due to the slice/hook.

If you have exp with premium's then go for it, as an 11 hdcp you should have a pure swing most of the time and the spin will help your short game.

If you don't know how to control your spin off the tee and wedge's then I would slowly work my way up with NXT Tours, E5+/E6+, Gamer's, etc up to the better balls V1/x, 330/s, Tour iX's and then the Nike Plat.

in my EDGE bag:

10.5* XLS HiBore Driver, Fuji stiff VP70
15* XLS HiBore 3 Wood Gold stiff
22*, 25* XLS HiBore 3H, 4H, Gold stiff MP-57 5-PW, DG S300 MP-R 52 gap, MP-R 56 sandwedge SM Vokey 60 Lob Newport 2 Detour Pro-V1X, NXT Tour, Callaway Tour iXIgolf NEO GPS

I expect there to be alot of difference between my usual FREAKS and the ONE PLATINUM. I guess I hope that it is a good difference. I will find out tommorrow, 9/5/08. I can always switch back. Wish me luck. I will let you all know.

60* Vokey Spin Milled Oil-Can Lob-WedgePutter: White Hot Xg Sabertooth and a Futura Phantom Balls: Hx Hot Bite...

Im currently using the platinums and like them alot. I do feel like I lose a little bit of distance, but only a little. They do spin very well but no more than a pro v1 in my opinion. They are wrecked after 1 round though. If I was a little more flush with money I would probably replace it after 9-12 holes. I have been trying lots of premium/tour balls this year and I think I will stick with the pro v1 when these platinums have run out. They are that good haha.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I play everything Nike, but the Platinums are way too spinny for me. It really exaggerates slices. Very good for use on Par 3's though :)

And echoing walfice's sentiment, I find I need to use my Nike Blacks for about 9 holes, otherwise they just get way too beat up.

In the bag...

Driver: Sumo Squared 2007 Model, 10.5, Stiff Shaft
2I: Sumo Squared Hybrid
3I-SW: Nike Ignite, Graphite Regular Shaft60 Degree: Nike SV Tour Satin BlackPutter: Newport Studio Select 2 Mid-Slant 33"Trying to figure out what 14th club to add...

I long for the day when i can discuss golf balls like you guys. I can see the difference and LOVE the Pro V1.....from the few times i have found them in the bushes. However, im still at a point in my game where i lose an average of 2 - 3 balls a round. The other day, i lost a ball of the tee par 3....very embarrassing) took a drop with a Pro V1 i had found and then chipped it into the hole from 60-70 yards....lovely....

....i then went and bashed it of the tee about 500 yards into the Out of bounds...not even a slice,just an "as the bird flies" quickest route to getting lost.

If i bought these balls each round of golf would cost me double!

....anyway, back to the subject matter. I would buy Pro V1's. Not sure about the USA, but in the UK theyre a little cheaper than platinums, and that many pros cant be wrong. The Pro V1 must be the favourite for a reason!

Driver: Sumo 5000 9.5 Degrees Aldila Proto VS Stiff shaft.
Hybrid: 4DX IW 20 Degrees Stiff shaft.
Fairway Wood: 15 Degrees 3 wood Fujikura Red stiff Shaft.
Irons: Tour Burner 4 - PW.
Wedges: Z groove 52 Gap Wedge, CG11 Black Pearl 56* Sand Wedge, Vokey Black nickel 260.04 60 Degree Lob Wedge.

You should not be embarrassed to lose 2-3 balls per round if you are a 28. That is damn good.

Agreed and quoted for truth

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I returned the NIKE ONE PLATINUMS and got two boxes of FREAKS and change. I am playing good with the FREAKS so why fix what ain't broke, plus I am a CALLAWAY man. TOP FLITE FREAKS are made in the U.S.A. and that still means something to me.

p.s. I don't want my slice back and that could happen with the NIKEs. I thank you all for the input.

i want to try nike platinum golf balls, i think the black wouldn't be my fit

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

i have practically all nike equipment except golf balls and shoes

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!