IGNORED

Whats your highest score ever on a single hole?

kafka01
Note: This thread is 5714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've never made it past 12:

Drive
(couldn't find ball, took a drop)
Long iron
(couldn't find ball, took a drop)
Mid iron topped
Mid iron pushed into the right rough short of green
Wedge chunked, ball only carried 6 feet
Wedge bladed over green
Wedge bladed back over green
Wedge to the center of the green, released and rolled to the fringe
Putt left about 8 feet short
Longish putt mercifully drops.

I've had holes that might have ended up worse than that, but at the point in the round I was frustrated enough that I just picked up my ball and wrote down double par on the card. Haven't had anything over 8 in my last few rounds, though, and haven't quit a hole midway through.

-Andrew

An 11. Was playing a practice round to qualify for a high school match and was almost guaranteed a spot. 8 guys playing for 5 spots, normally 10 guys shooting for 5-6 spots. Missed 3 different birdie putts, four putts for par, and 1 bad drive. Had a 41 throughout seven. Teed up on 8, par 5 540 some yards. Hit my driver about 220 into the short rough. Shanked a four iron into a sand bunker 20 yards in front of my, but it rolled out onto the 75 degree incline lip. Hit a seven off the lip, went over my head, back behind me into the sand. Tried to use the seven to get out, hit the lip, hit the lip again and finally hit one out about 20 yards. About now I still have around 200 yards to go. I hit my 6 iron straight but was aimed to right and hit one into the water, drop in the designated zone, chipped in on from 15 yards over a pond, two putted. Ended up with a 57 because i missed another put for birdie and missed the par put and ended it with 5 on a par three. That should have been my first match to play in this season.

Driver: Hyper X Tour 10.5* Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue Stiff Shaft
Hybrid: Acer Select 5000 16* Ping Cushin Stiff Shaft
Irons: NDS 3-PW (missing #7, replaced with clone) True Temper Uniflex SpeedStep Shaft
Wedges: Acer XK Tour 56*10 Precision Stiff Shaft, Revolution 60*10 True Temper Wedgeflex

I hit 2 10's last week. I was seriously distracted by the greenkeeper driving up and down the fairway on his lawnmower though.

Well that's my excuse!!!!

My Clubs

Driver Ben Sayers MX7
3 & 4 woods Ben Sayers MX7
Utility 3 wood Ben Sayers M86 - 9 Irons Ben Sayers NRG 200Wedges Ben Sayers NRG 200

I've never made it past 12:

Sorry - but thats not strokeplay rules. If you cant find it, you gotta hit provisonals until you put one into play (or find the previous ball) and then go from there.

I talked with a couple of guys about that - and they all told me, the moment it went awkward they had a problem in their swing which they couldnt fix at this very moment (like shanks or snaphooks) - and then your scores just ballon and there is no way out of it, unless you just go safe and hit a 7iron or whatever - but seriously - who does this when you fck up your first tee shot badly.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Sorry - but thats not strokeplay rules. If you cant find it, you gotta hit provisionals until you put one into play (or find the previous ball) and then go from there.

Thanks for the rules tip. I'm not sure I can really follow those rules without gruesomely holding up play sometimes, though. At the course I play most often, there are quite frequent shots where you hit your ball, see where it lands (and thus don't hit another ball), go over there and look, and it never appears due to deep thick grass. Do you then have to go all the way back to the tee, after having already spent time teeing off and then searching? I don't know if that would go over well with my playing partners or the group(s) behind us. I'm not trying to argue against the rules, I'm really asking what most people do about this problem. Am I just supposed to hit provisional drives until I'm 100% certain I'll be able to find one? What if it's a blind landing area?

-Andrew

I own you all... 17 on a par 3. (plus, I've got a 15 on a par 5 with 5 balls sent OB, and a 13 when I just couldn't do one, because I was in "contention" to make the cut at the national u18 champioship)

Ok, here's the story: I hit a pretty good tee shot, but since the green was about 5 meters above my head, the ball pitched and came down the valley up against a fence. Here's the funny part, I wanted to call that ball unplayable, but no one would let me. Everybody said I had to hit it the way it was. Since, back then I was no rules expert (nor am I now, but I undertand them better), I tryed to play it. Here it goes:

- "Fresh air", ball still lying in the same spot
- Again the same as the previous
- Hit the ball, but it came to rest on the same spot
- Another "fresh air". Then I said that I was gonna take a drop.
- My marker said I couldn't make any kind of drop so instead of telling me to put it back where it was, gives me 2 penalty shots (3 shots here)
- Hit the ball, nearly holds on the green, and comes back to the fence.
- Yet again, another "fresh air" (4th if you are counting)
- hit the ball further down the valley and roles into a stream
- Take the drop, hit the ball -> bunker
- Out to about 5 meters to the pin
- 4 putted

The guy turns at me and asks, "Thats a 17 right?" to which I answer "Yeah, it must be"

Later that round I hit the guy in the leg after the smart p*nk started walking down the fairway before I hit my second shot since my first was ob. I really hate that guy.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

I paid homage to Arnie by scoring a 10 on the same hole he scored a 12(?) in the LA Open.

R9 SuperTri 10.5*
Exotics XCG-3 4W 16.5*
Idea Pro 18* and/or 20*
i15
X-Tour 54/60PM Trinidad TP Black LDPAll in a SCB and MicroCart

I took a 10 yesterday. Two tee shots OB and an approach in the water. Not a good day when I shot 90!

Maybe I can hang with you

I have never played in a tournament(other than a charity type of thing). But the worst score I remember was a 10 on a long par 3 with water short and left. Chunk OB, Chunk OB, Pull OB, Right(finally found land), Chip, Putt, Putt.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Thanks for the rules tip. I'm not sure I can really follow those rules without gruesomely holding up play sometimes, though. At the course I play most often, there are quite frequent shots where you hit your ball, see where it lands (and thus don't hit another ball), go over there and look, and it never appears due to deep thick grass. Do you then have to go all the way back to the tee, after having already spent time teeing off and then searching? I don't know if that would go over well with my playing partners or the group(s) behind us. I'm not trying to argue against the rules, I'm really asking what most people do about this problem. Am I just supposed to hit provisional drives until I'm 100% certain I'll be able to find one? What if it's a blind landing area?

It doesnt matter if you drop when you play with your buddies - but if you play something like clubchampionship, if you are unsure about a shot you hit provisional balls until you are sure you find it. If you still dont find it - all the way back. The most embarrasing thing is passing by the flight behind you, apologizing for having to hit another one.

I remeber one time - i played with a buddy stroke play and the other guy just played casual with us. So my first drive i cant find - i drive back, and tee off 3 more balls. When i got back, i got yelled by the other guy "are you serious - 4 balls??? 2 of them almost hit me!!!" LOL I guess i should have told him, that we play stroke.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

9 on a PAR THREE!!!
1st - skulled a 3 iron of the tee.
2nd shot from 190 in thick rough took a 7 iron to within 40 yards to an elevated green. turned out a sand wedge open faced all the way.
had a TIGHT lie with almost no grass underneath. caught it thin and flew the green onto the tee box of the next hole.

3rd shot hit a fat shot that landed on the rough on top of the green

4th - tried to be cute and fluff a shot onto the green and let it trickle down to the hole. it went about 3 inches
5th shot flustered i tried to just get the ball out and skulled it across the green down the slope
6th pitching wedge uphill with a little bump. 10 feet of the hole
7th pushed a putt 8 feet by the hole
8 - lip out
9 tap in.

EMBARRASSING. that sh** was just 3 weeks ago!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I am amazed at how you people can remember 10, 12, or 15 shots on one hole. I know guys that can't remember 5 shots on a par 4.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Shot a 12 on the par 4 8th hole of my old course, same one dent was talking about, not a tournament round though just a bad day lol. Back when i had a major slice problem, and with a strong dog leg right i was always in trouble.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

I just took a 10 today. Par 5, was fine up until I hit a bunker on my 2nd shot. Was 100 yards away, Skulled OB, Dropped, Skulled OB, Dropped, On Green and then a few more putts after that.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

My worst is a 14 on a par 5:
Drive in the fairway
Duck hook 3 wood into the water
Chunked wedge into the same water
Skulled wedge over green into the bunker
Chunked bunker shot
Chunked bunker shot
Manage to make the ball go onto the fringe
Chipped 40 feet past the hole
Three putts

Taylormade R7 460
Lynx Parallax 15 Degree
Nickent 3DX Ironwood 18 degree
Callaway X-18's
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56 degreeOdyssey Black Series No. 1

Note: This thread is 5714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!