IGNORED

Post up newly bought clubs/gear!

Note: This thread is 5712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dub,

Nice to see there are other Pirates around. It gets lonely down here in Georgia with all the Gamecock fans so close by.

Just kidding....our programs have some simularities...some of which neither school wants to revisit. We're gonna have some fun with the Gamecock series starting again next year!!!! Back on the subject matter.....I just ordered another putter. This will conclude any golf purchases for the remainder of 2008...unless I need balls, tees, gloves or softspikes. Nothing else!!!!!!!!!!
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I just got home from the local golf shop with a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - A little background - I started playing golf last summer with a hand me down acushnet bullseye putter. I bought a Walter Hagen face balanced putter to save money, but had wanted an Odyssey mallet then and even up until about a month ago. Then I bought The Art of Putting, and since then, can't stand how 'dead' my putter feels. I seat my putter in my palm 'lifeline' and fingertips now. I went back to my hand me down Bullseye because it actually does have great FEEL. I've been trying new putters at the shop since I read the book, and absolutely can't stand any plastic face inserts on any putters. I ended up with the Scotty because I can feel everything with it, and I know I won't need to buy another putter ever again (so I tell myself haha).

My handicap remains where it is in large part due to my driving and lots of OB off the tee. I can't drive without a huge slice to save my life, because I have purposely approached learning the game of golf the opposite of everyone else (I refuse to hit my driver for more than a few balls at the driving range, and spend 90% of my time with my 8i - 60 wedge and putter. Sorry to be so off topic with some of my post, I didn't want to start a new "Hey guess what I bought thread" and figured I'd post some of the background to my purchase here.

In the past 3 months:

Titleist AP1 Irons
-- Had them for about a month and I love everything about them so far.

Vokey Wedges
-- Found the gap wedge in the Golfsmith pre-owned rack for $60.. but there was nary a scratch on it. Actually, the sales clerk who rang me up asked me if I was sure it was in the used section, and then asked if I saw any more... great deal.

Woods
-- Should be here in about a week, can't wait!

Putter
-- Traded in my Nike IC, liked it, and actually really liked the color, but I never was happy with how it felt. Love the new one so far! And, by the way, their 90/90 guarentee makes spending a little extra Golfsmith well worth it!
---
Ishy

Xtra Lite bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5°Woods: Burner 3 + 5Irons: AP1 3 - PWWedges: Vokey 50° + 56° SMPutter: White Hot Tour #1

Tour Burner Driver
Burner '08 3 wood
Ping i10 irons
Vokey wedge
Got Ping wedge last year
Got Nike wedge for free
Scotty putter
Titleist bag

Basically I revamped my whole bag

I just need to replace the sand and lob wedges with Vokeys and then reshaft everything, then I will be set. Then again i might trade the i10's for some Bridgestone J33 CB irons. But except for reshafting and possibly putter ho'in I won't buy anything in regards to clubs.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

atra, gorgeous clubs, what did it cost you in Mexico?

Thanks mate, but I don't buy them here in Mexico. The store that sell them in here, doesn't have a set available its only custom ordered. But according to the site is like $1,200.00 USD, 3 to PW.

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

warbirdlover suggested a spider. got one and tried it on the practice green. I think its going to work on the crowned cups.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

I just replaced the shaft in my Nike driver. Had a prolaunch red put in. It is supposed to be the best shaft for me according to launch monitor results. we will see

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

lol.. ummm... i hadn't bought new stuff in about 5 or 6 years..

so i went all out this year:

Driver: Taylor Made R7 Superquad (didn't like it, sold it for a Ping G10, added X flex shaft)
3 wood: taylor made tp burner (replaced callaway bobby jones 3 wood)
5 wood: taylor R7
irons: talyor tour burners up until about 15 rounds into the year, bought titleist AP2's and sold the tour burners.. original irons were tommy armour 845's this year.
50 degree vokey gap wedge.

putters: ummm... rossa monza spider, traded for yes diana, traded for scotty cameron circa 62.

lol.

i was a club ***** this year.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

nice nice, i'm heading to the store tomorrow to see what else i can get into...i have a new bag but really want a PING bag to complement my new irons and i also bought a NEW ping tisi driver on ebay a while back...i haven't played seriously in 5-6 years so i need new stuff..got the g5s to have an iron solution, need a new wedge, putter, hybrids, balls, clothes, lolol it adds up

lol.. ummm... i hadn't bought new stuff in about 5 or 6 years..

I heard the Superquad was not that long, I tried an R7 Quad a few times, it was straight and consistent but not long at all.

I had a set of 845s, amazing irons and still better than 90% of any irons sold today. The old ones with the slim black ferrule, not the new chinese shit.

Most recent purchases:

Taylormade Burner Rescue #3 and #5. Price was $129.99 each, less 15% 'fall discount.' Purchased from one of the larger online etailers.

Like 'em a lot! Iron set is down to 6-LW now. Driver, a couple of hybrids and the irons and a putter. My bag is actually getting LIGHTER instead of heavier!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Brand new
J33 CB
3-PW
True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
$400

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I just got a super steal off eBay! A used TaylorMade TP Black 52* Y-Cutter Gap Wedge for only $27.00! I found the auction ending around midnight on a random Saturday night and no one bid but me. The club is easily a 9.9 out of 10. This wedge is amazing!

Bought a Ping Zing i series putter today

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

Note: This thread is 5712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!