IGNORED

Hole in one,... on a par 3 course = *,.....?

heyscuba
Note: This thread is 5700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You must be king of your playground.

an asteric doesn't mean it doesn't count,... it means there are circumstances to the incident,...

Who are you quoting/referring to?

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

it was down hill and dpwn wind,... easy ther cowboy,...
and I never said anything under 110 doesn't count,...
you may consider learning how to read before you make statements like that,...

according to Remy, they count,...
good job remy,... I could not find that definition,...
Thats why I strarted the thread,...
so, they count,...
that doesn't mean I have to like it,... but I accept it,...

This is all just one-upmanship. They want to brag about getting aces, but that seems to lessen your aces. Therefore you seek to devalue their aces. Who cares? We all play against ourselves, they are just playing a slightly different game than you are.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

Real Golf is not like that,... That is a practice course,...

The basketball analogy doesn't apply. The holes on a par 3 course are legitimate golf holes. When you play them you are in fact playing "real" golf. Using your argument someone who only plays par 5 holes should put a qualifier next to their double eagle because of the holes they choose to play (you're much more likely to get a double eagle on a par 5 than a par 4 and it's impossible to shoot one on a par 3). An ace counts as an ace if it is on a regulation golf hole. I agree with you that your firends are stacking the deck in their favor as far as shooting aces goes by playing so many par 3 holes all the time, but that in and of itself doesn't take away from the accomplishment.

To be honest though I kind of have to wonder about these guys being able to play 27 holes of par 3 golf several times a week? I'd be bored out of my gourd doing that in fairly short order. I bet their short games are dialed in though...

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

tjy355 on the first one,... who said to me,...

It just seems to me that you join this site and are trying to flex some muscles. Maybe I am way off. First post you mention (out of no where by the way) that you hit a SW 145. Then you go on to mention that it isnt "real golf" yet the par 3 course near my house has more holes longer than your hole in one at 145. Then you go on to flex yet again about how many you have if we want to count these. Relax a little bit, take a deep breath. Learn how to use the quote button and enjoy the forum. Its a great place.

This thread got nasty way too fast.

It's one thing to debate opinions and perspectives on the game of golf, but good grief. This dissolved into personal attacks.

If you can't keep your post civil, don't post at all. If you wouldn't say it to the person's face, don't post it. Nobody likes the forum poster who thinks their profile is something to lob grenades over.

I'll leave the rest of the police work to Iacas.

Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

A hole in one on a par 3 course doesn't count as a real "ace". Period.

You can't be serious. That's like saying making a birdie on an 'executive course' par 4 doesn't count either?. Or, for that matter, a woman making birdie from the women's tee? Does HER birdie count?

The way *I* see it, marking down a "1" on a card means ACE, any way you slice it. Same with marking down a triple or worse. The score is what it is no matter WHAT the yardage! dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the guy wh mentioned Bonds on the second one,... I just started the site,... don't know how to get the replys stacked right,...?

If you want to quote just one post then click on this:

A page will automatically load with that post quoted and you can slot your response in underneath. If you want to quote multiple people in the same reply then click on under their post and the button will turn red. Once you have all the ones you want to reply to click on after the last post in the thread. Then you can easily insert all the replies to the various posts in one hit.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

It just seems to me that you join this site and are trying to flex some muscles. Maybe I am way off. First post you mention (out of no where by the way) that you hit a SW 145. Then you go on to mention that it isnt "real golf" yet the par 3 course near my house has more holes longer than your hole in one at 145. Then you go on to flex yet again about how many you have if we want to count these.

Dude, You're the one who needs to relax,... Your name is BIRDIE MAN for crying out loud, isn't that a little self serving,...? According to your thought process having a nic name like that must be flexing your muiscle BIG TIME,... But I don't look at it that way, and I'm glad. You obviously would, you already have. You're looking for a fight I just asked a question,... I got some great responses and interesting views on this topic,... Many of them differ from yours,... I put in my numbers not to flex any muscles but to help tell the story,... You are locked in on my post and then took it to a personal level so if any one needs to learn how to enjoy the Forum maybe you should think about not getting personal and accusing people of stuff,... You're taking it the way you want to take it,... I have no reason to want to impress you are any one here,... So BIRDIE MAN,.... Get off your high horse, you're sitting at a computer calling people out in a golf forum,... ??? You must be tough with a keyboard,... And, the next time you see a "real golf tournement" on tv with pro's palying for PGA stats and all,... let me know,... They even put the par 3 contest on the Masters on tv as a joke,... it doesn't count, they let kids putt in for them,... they joke around, it's fun, but it's not real golf,... in my (and others) opinion.

This thread got nasty way too fast.

Oh Yes, cleaning up this thread is not my idea of fun........How old are we here? Be adults.......I'm going to go hide over -> here now.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Sand Wedge 145... Haha... That was good. Im going to use that one sometime.

Sir,

As for an asterisk... I guess any hole in one not made from the tips doesnt count as well... because its not real golf.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Dude,

Sand Wedge 145... Haha... That was good. Im going to use that one sometime.

Yeah Tin Cup, this guy is in for a long ride at The Sand Trap. He asked if something should count. The USGA rules say they should.

First he compares it to miniature golf, then to being a pro on tv. But alas once again, we all know he hits the ball a long way atleast... According to his logic, anything not done by the pros must not count. The par 3 tourny they do is for fun. Yet when they hole out, they sure do get excited. Or is that all imaginary?

Note: This thread is 5700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!