IGNORED

Any photographers here?

Surefire
Note: This thread is 5700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As part of my work, I have been asked to get some promo shots of me.

I'm not really sure how to go about doing this. Obviously I'll need to see a photographer, but other than that, can anyone give any advice\info?

I do photography, but mostly landscape. I have done a few of the family.
Golf related I have shot my son while golfing.

Make sure your photographer has shot sports before. He must have the
equipment (cameras and lense) that can catch high speed movement.

If it is just portrait type shots, you can get great results from a point
and shoot camera.

I have had some shots printed at big box stores at a reasonable price and
with great results.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

I don't want to buy a camera! I just want to know how to go about getting promo shots taken. Either by a friend\family or seeing a pro photographer.

Apologies,

I was going by memory and I thought they had a section for tips on finding local photogs.

• Administrator
I don't want to buy a camera! I just want to know how to go about getting promo shots taken. Either by a friend\family or seeing a pro photographer.

Call up some local photographers. You basically want high school senior pictures. They can all do that, generally.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Apologies,

No problem. Although I am not in the US, so might be tricky!

Call up some local photographers. You basically want high school senior pictures. They can all do that, generally.

Again not being in the US high school photos aren't really common over here. Well they are but its a photographer who comes to the school and takes a big group photo of the whole school, and the year groups, plus prefects, house captains, people with sports colours etc.

I guess this is something pretty mundane to people in the US, but its not here, so I have no clue what to do\expect etc.

No problem. Although I am not in the US, so might be tricky!

Just call a professional photographer and tell them you want to get some head shots

Here's a London craiglist listing that is likely along the lines of what you need: http://london.craigslist.co.uk/crs/834918798.html

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I'm sure you have portrait studios there...go and tell them you need something for work.

PLEASE don't have a friend do it! There is a difference.

Go in and be clear with the photog what you need, if you say "headshot" they may think of modeling/acting and that's not the effect you're looking for. If you say "work newsletter" or whatever, they'll have a better idea. A good photog will have a portfolio of work, so you can say "I like that one." You will prob have to ask for that, they may not offer.

Look clean, style your hair nice. Don't wear small prints or patterns. A solid shirt is best. If it's black and white, make sure there's enough contrast in your clothing so (if you wear them) your shirt and tie aren't the same color. Iron your clothing. (I'm totally assuming clothing here, since you didn't give a lot of info.) I seem to remember you're a dude, or I'd have makeup tips too.

Please trust me. I've had a couple photos taken in my day.

Please trust me. I've had a couple photos taken in my day.

And I have taken a few in my day ... I run a portrait studio & own my own wedding photography business ... and Julie is 100% correct ...

I love the people who come into my studio and expect me to make them look wonderful when it looks like they just rolled out of bed. I can't work miracles here ... Anyone who knows what they are doing, if they are confused by what you need, WILL ASK YOU! "Head Shots" and "Business Head Shots" tend to differ very little technically, but an experienced photographer will choose different poses and backgrounds based on YOUR needs, if they don't, well, don't use them!
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

In his profile, he lists his occupation as a Director, I took that to mean in the theatrical sense whether stage or film. Which is why I recommended "head shot"

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

In his profile, he lists his occupation as a Director, I took that to mean in the theatrical sense whether stage or film. Which is why I recommended "head shot"

Unfortunately not that kind of director! I am a director of an IT firm.

Thanks for all the tips everyone. Julie are you saying I can't wear make up if I am a guy? Noone complains when Johnny Depp does it!

Note: This thread is 5700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!