IGNORED

Swing analyze, hips and weight transfer

Zeph
Note: This thread is 5697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't find the "Edit" button anymore, is it a limit on how long after you can edit a post?

Anyways, some testing today.

Facing view, head and spine still all over the place: http://www.swingacademy.com/swingana...l.aspx?id=1829
Target view, working on my plane: http://www.swingacademy.com/swingana...l.aspx?id=1832

It looks like my right heel and foot takes off too early. I still dip down at the beginning of my downswing. Plane looks better though, still taking the club too much back, it's going parallell and still travel a bit. Something wrong with my follow through also, looks like I'm throwing the club too much over my shoulder.

About spine angle, is this supposed to be the same for every club or does it change from a driver to a PW? I'm at 50º in this video, I've read you should optimally keep it at 60-65º. I'm still off by some degrees. Not sure how to go about fixing that, do I have to sit even more down on my knees, keeping my hands even closer to my body, tilting the club more upwards, making the arms and club level more out?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You need to grip so that at address, with club pointing at your zipper, the face is square to the target line.

It's always square, but you can modify the angle and shaft position by moving the hands more forward. I like to have the hands a bit on the left side of the ball to help me getting down on the ball with my hands passing it before the clubhead.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No, no more knuckleballs Zeph, but watch out, here comes a hanging curve. Watching yourself in mirrors and monitors does not teach you to SWING. It teaches you to place the club in a predetermined position. It will frustrate you because you will be depending upon the small muscles of the hands and arms to develop feel. Once again, not saying you can't learn that way, it is just a very hard way to learn. Golf is a game of feel. When you are on the course, that is all you have really. There are no monitors to check or coaches to give you feedback. Feel must be educated however, as you suggest. You may be asking yourself about now, "What does Mr.Wedge want me to do, put my clubs away?" If you have asked yourself that question, the answer is yes. The best way to learn how to swing IMO is to spend a period of time developing mental concept and preparing the body with feel development as well as golf conditioning prior to touching the club. Radical? Yes. But ask yourself WHY it takes years to learn and why so many never learn. Check for a PM.

I agree with you somewhat wedge, but still believe slow motion practice and mirrors are an invaluable aid. You have to do more than just mirror practice but I would encourage it's use as a practice aid. Cut off an old club to about 2' long, regrip, and use it at home in your living room or whatever.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

hey, I only have one question. I approximately play 2 years now but I cannot hit the ball as far as I would like to hit it. Do you have some tips how I can improve my swing in order to hit it further. For example my 5 iron I approximately hit 180 yards. It is straight but not long enough.
Thank you!!!

hey, I only have one question. I approximately play 2 years now but I cannot hit the ball as far as I would like to hit it. Do you have some tips how I can improve my swing in order to hit it further. For example my 5 iron I approximately hit 180 yards. It is straight but not long enough.

That is a question with too many answers. It can only be answered with: "Improve your swing and improve your distance". Get your swing analyzed so someone can give you some direction on what you can improve. A golf lesson would to the trick. Upload a video of your swing on Swing Academy is a good intermediate step.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

Note: This thread is 5697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!