IGNORED

56 wedge or 60 degree wedge

Note: This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

... if someboy ask for help because has some problems deciding, I feel comfortable giving him my opinion. I don´t deny yours and I don´t agree I´m confusing people, only giving some help, what I think is what was asked

That's fine, but the way you wrote that last post seemed to me more like a fact statement than your opinion:

A 56º it´s a decent tool to have.

I disagree with you. Yes, you can open the clubface and get a higher shot with the 56º, but imo. that's harder than hitting a 60º straight on. It'll also be harder to get spin and to control the length. I prefer hitting a 60º dead on the flag over trying to open my clubface and aiming left with the 56º. It's easy enough to pull off during practice, but much harder in a game, or tournament even. I know that if I aim correct and get the club to descend on the ball I'll hit it where I want. With some practice, like having three lenghts of backswing to adjust the length, you'll be pretty confident.

If you've got three wegdes inside 50º to 60º and practice three different lengths of backswing you got 3x3 = 9 different shots in means of length and carry. The setup and execution is the same all the time, you just change club and length of backswing. The tempo, speed and rhythm stays exactly the same. Today I'm saving a par most of the times because of a dead on shot with 56º or 60º. It's a very useful shot to master. I only used Tiger as an example since you wrote that he didn't need a more lofted club that 56º once he mastered it. I'm sure Tiger has mastered his 56º, but he still carry around a 60º. I'm not saying everyone should have a wedge with 58 or 60º in their bag, but that it can be useful to experiment with all the clubs. This has also a lot to do with what kind of courses you normally play. My home course and favourite course a bit away have all got very hard greens to hit. I'm at a point in my game where I don't have the consistency to hit the green all the time, and I'm not even supposed to. With my hcp I should take an extra shot before I'm at the green. I usually go for the green in 2, but when that fails, I'm very reliable with my wedges. The greens are very, very small at my home course, it's very elevated and the fringe around is also very elevated, making a chip and run very hard. With my high lofted wedges I'm much more confident in getting the ball from 60 meters and in into the green and around the flag.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really, to do the work is all about the knowledge and ability you have, and the proper tools to do it.
If you have the ability, find the most useful tools for you

Probably there isn´t two players in the word with the same equipment, so there is no fixed rules for everyone. You can carry 2 drivers, 5 wedges, 2 putters, no driver...

At this moment I carry a 12 hcp and 17 clubs that I hit well (and yes, I´ve got my 3x4 Pelz distances marked in the wedge shafts) and choose 14 depending on the course.

Try, try, and choose what works for you. It´s always the same with threads like "what shaft do I choose" or "how many wedges do I carry" or "5W or 2 iron", etc, etc.....

Hibore XLS 10.5º Yellow Reg
909F3 13º Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Reg
Big Bertha 17º Reg
585.H 21º Graphite 4175 Reg
804.OS 4-9 Graphite 3975 Reg Vokey Spin Milled 48.06 54.14 60.10 Tess G2 35" ProV1XHome course: Ria de Vigo Golf Vigo (SPAIN)

• 9 months later...
If the 56 degree club is the one you are chipping well with than that is the club to use. Don't use the 60 if you don't practice with it first. The 60 degree wedge is a VERY useful club for some shots around the green but the highest lofted club in the bag demands the most practice if one intends to use it on the golf course. Don't do like some folks do, throw a 60 degree club in the bag and not practice with it then expect to pull off a great shot with it under pressure, will not work, most likely will leave the short well short or maybe even skull it. I get around 3 or 4 hours of practice a week with the 60 and it has been very rewarding on the golf course. Whether or not a higher bounce wedge will help the chipping depends on what kind of lie you have more than anything else probably, as well as how steep or shallow the angle of attack is.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

60* wedes are hard to hit well because they have so much loft that its hard to hit the ball solidly.
Its really easy to hit the ball way fat and have it go 20 yards and its also really easy to skull the ball and it a 100 yard wormburner.
Ive often considered replacin my 60* with a 56*. You could always open the fact of the 60* and turn it into a 60*.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!