IGNORED

Who's the best?

alexlax12
Note: This thread is 5992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who's the Best?

• Titleist
    • Callaway
    • TaylorMade
    • Nike
    • Cobra
    • Wilson
    • Cleveland
    • Other.

A club fitted for you is always better than a good brand yet ill-fitted club...

Here are some of my favourite brand for different club in the bag...(based on demo days...)

Driver: King Cobra (Seem to unable to hit well with my r5 will be changing shaft to see any different)...
Woods: Maruman A-Shuttle...Love the feel and look for the club
Irons: Taylormade...Very easy to hit...
Wedge: Taylormade RAC TP...

I like Taylormade club but for looks titleist win it fair and square...love the simple design...
Handicap Index: 16.4
Driver: Taylormade Burner 9.5 Degree
Wood: Nike Sasquatch 2 , Honshin Wood
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Degree
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

Sorry, I took "No such thing" as the same as never was one.

Mike

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

I think we're all pretty biased based on what we use. As far as Woods go I rellay like Taylor Made. I've been using them all the way back to the System 2. I tried Callaway and Titelist. I just didn't feel that comfortable with them. I think it was the bore through shaft. I don't know its all just feel.

Irons I love are Mizuno forged MP-37's. The feel of forged irons is supreme with me. If I was to buy cast Irons, It would definitely be Ping S-59's. I had 3 sets of ping irons and find them to be the best cast irons around.

Balls I'm not picky about. I prefer Pro V 1. But also like Callaway HX tour 56, Bridgestone B330s, Maxfli Black Max. I'm not that good to have an almost consistant ball flight that one ball would be better than another.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

• 2 weeks later...
truthfully, i like nike and mizuno irons...i play nike tho
i like titleist wedges the best
i like odessey or ''scotty cameron'' putters
i like taylormade drivers
i like titleist woods. callaway is okay and same with tayormade

..but thats just me

• 1 year later...
There are so many brands out there claiming to be the best in the golfing industry. In your opinion, which company is right?(considering all products in general, balls, clubs, etc.) But more importantly, defend your choice.

Selected "other" because not only is what company is the 'best' is in the eyes of the beholder, but also because it can vary from club to club.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Seems to me when you get into all the top makes and models, they are all the best. It just comes down to personal preference.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

I agree that this is totally subjective. I'm sure you could make an argument for any of the major brands. You could say Nike because the best plyer in the world uses them or Taylor Made because they have the most staff pros.

In my opinion it is Titleist, but that's what I like. I have only hit one Titleist club that I did not like and that's the 503.H. By all accounts they have fixed all it's negatives with it's replacement the 585.H. When you look at the quality, feel and style of their clubs, putters and balls, along with the number of pros and top amateurs that use them it's hard to go wrong.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!