IGNORED

GRIPS - need feedback

Note: This thread is 6184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I need feedback on some of the grips that are available out there. I am looking to regrip my irons and need to know which ones I should consider. The Titleist 735's, that I have, came with chord grips that I can never get use to. I live in California, so playing conditions are almost always perfect for golf. I wear a Men's small in gloves.
IN MY BAG! OGIO VIPER
driver: Titleist 905T 10.5* - Fujikura TP 26.3 Stiff
3wood: Titleist 904F 15* - Fujikura TP 27.3 Stiff
5wood: Titleist 904F 19* - Fujikura Speeder Stiff
irons: Titleist 735cm Chrome - DGS300 Stiffwedges: Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl (52*, 56*, 60*)putter: Ping G2i Anserball:...

• Administrator
I need feedback on some of the grips that are available out there. I am looking to regrip my irons and need to know which ones I should consider. The Titleist 735's, that I have, came with chord grips that I can never get use to. I live in California, so playing conditions are almost always perfect for golf. I wear a Men's small in gloves.

How about a half cord?

I've been using the Golf Pride, uhh, the red and black ones. New Decade™ MultiCompound, but get whatever grip you like. I don't know what your ball flight is, but with small gloves, you may want to consider a slightly undersized grip... If you leave shots out to the right, especially.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How about a half cord?

I have Golf Pride rubber grips on my TA7s. My ball flight has a lower trajectory than most and I do find myself aiming left of the flag most of the time.

I didn't know that there are undersized grips available out there, I will look into that. The New Decade looks good and I like the idea of having rubber in the lower hand, I will check that out as well. The full cord grips that came with the 735s just felt hard and skinny and I believe they are standard size. It feels like I dont have control of my grip everytime I swing the club. This is probably one of the reasons why I never considered undersized grips. I do like the control feel of rubber grips, but I've only tried the Tour Velvet by Golf Pride. I also like the feel fo the Winn V17 G8 AI but not sure if it's the best choice. I know preference will be key, but your feedback will help a lot.
IN MY BAG! OGIO VIPER
irons: Titleist 735cm Chrome - DGS300 Stiffwedges: Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl (52*, 56*, 60*)putter: Ping G2i Anserball:...

I recently just switched all of my grips to the golf pride multi-compound and I love them. I got them oversized because it feels more comfortable to me. Your best bet is just stop by any local golfshop that has grips, try some out and buy the one that best fits you.

Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.

I'm a Golf Pride Tour Velvet guy. Cord grips don't seem as supple to me. The Tour Velvets have enough tackiness to make them easy to grip without being mushy. They are cheap and perfect for someone who never has to worry about moisture. I play in pretty wet conditions especially in the winter and never worry about slippage. The TV is one of the most played on Tour BTW.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a Golf Pride Tour Velvet guy. Cord grips don't seem as supple to me. The Tour Velvets have enough tackiness to make them easy to grip without being mushy. They are cheap and perfect for someone who never has to worry about moisture. I play in pretty wet conditions especially in the winter and never worry about slippage. The TV is one of the most played on Tour BTW.

Tour Velvets all the way. They're very nice and tacky and although they wear out a little bit on the quick side, they're pretty cheap, something like $2.69 per. Can't go wrong with that, especially if you're regripping yourself.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

I really like the Tour Velvets as well. I want to look for similar grips as the Tour Velvets but haven't found one yet.
By the way, my new sticks came today and they have chord grips. I guess I will try that first and see if they are to my liking. These 735s look to good to play with. Eric was right about these clubs...look's and feel = CONDOM!!!!
IN MY BAG! OGIO VIPER

• 2 weeks later...
I love the feel of the tour velvet grips. They are the best. The only problem I had was in the summer here it gets pretty humid and I was always wiping my grips down, which in turn wore them out faster. I tried out the Multicompound on my driver and 3 wood last summer and didn't have that problem. I just regripped my irons and wedges with these. They seem a little heavier than the tour velvets but I can live with that.

Now if I had my own tech van following me around all the time, I would use the tour velvets in the spring and fall and the multicompounds in the heat of the summer.

I can dream can't I?

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I agree the Golf Pride Tour Velvet is a great grip... but I am un able to use it because my hands have a wierd reaction to grip. Yeah its not fun.... the skin peels off until they bleed.... not cool at all

So I use the Winn Excel RF Grip... good grip... until they get wet... then they are a problem...

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

Golf pride multi compound cords on all my sticks.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

The stock cord grips on my 735cm's are not as bad as I thought it would be. It is a bit thinner and harder than what I am use to but I think I can work with it. When it's time to regrip, I will look at all the other grips suggested on this thread. Thank you all!
IN MY BAG! OGIO VIPER

I really like the Golf Pride (New Decade Multi compound) black cord on the top and a red and black rubber on the bottom

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I like the Winn G8's. But I dont wear a glove when I play so these are good for that reason. Like someone else said earlier, its all about personal preference and what feels good to you, definitely try some out for feel and go what feels good.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

• 1 year later...
winn G8 on my driver... winn excel RF's on the rest... i love the excels, any other grips on irons just feel too coarse after those:)

Note: This thread is 6184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!