IGNORED

flat swing+strong grip=hooks with driver !!!!!!!

pshizz
Note: This thread is 5663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I really prefer sabers and rapiers. The slashing attacks are so much fun!

There is a funny story about Jimmy Demaret playing with Ben Hogan. Ben hit a bad shot and Jimmy quickly quipped, "Did you hear the glass breaking on that one?".

Pretty funny.
Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

LOL. I wonder what Hogan said in response, if anything ....

I didn't offer sabers because I wanted to give you some sort of a chance. Think of it like handicapping in golf

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

thanks for the concern, however the srtong grip is not the main defect with my driver swing i believe its more the flat plane. i hit amazing shots with my irons which have the same grip.

Is your swing flatter than Sergio's? Unless you're swinging it below hip high, I'm not clear that a flat plane is the issue. Can you consider a different grip for the driver? It is a very different club considering you always hit up and off a tee. Typically, I see the hands slowing through the impact zone being the main culprit in hook swings. As the hands slow, the club face closes delivering a left to left ball flight. Also, if you've got your thumb on the top of the shaft as part of that strong grip, that can create timing problems.

I struggle with a driver swing plane that is too flat which results in inconsistency and pulled shots (for me). The flatter swing plane is comfortable for me but unless my timing is dead on it makes for a frustrating day of golf.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

Note: This thread is 5663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!