IGNORED

Who are your favorite players?

cubdog
Note: This thread is 5650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm liking Anthony Kim and Camilo "Hombre Arana" Villegas right now

In The Bag:

Driver: 909D3 9.5* Aldila VooDoo Stiff
3 Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila VooDoo StiffHybrid: 3DX 17* Aldila NV StiffIrons: MP-67 3-pwWedges: MP-T 56* & 60*Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 33"Ball: Gran-Z (in the bargain bin @ Golfsmith)

Tiger-he is the man
AK-up and coming stud
Darren Clarke- guy can play, and coming back to win multiple times after his wifes passing was inspiring
Camillo Villegas-great fresh face and will inspire others to play around the world
Sergio-such a great player and when he finds his mental game he will be a force
Ian Poulter-flair and determined
Ryan Moore-I still think he will win a major and have 10+ wins on tour

there are definitely more but I can't think of them now, oh and they are in no particular order...except for Tiger

What's In The Bag:
Explore Cart Bag
Hi-Bore XL Driver 9.5
Launcher 3-Wood 15
Rescue 5-Wood TA1 Irons 4-PW (occasional 2 iron) Wedges 52 & 56 CG10 Lob Wedge 60 Cornado 2

In the present:

Tiger, first and foremost, because he is the consummate golfer and a complete stud.

Padraig, because he is so clutch.

Justin Leonard, because of his putting stroke. (Not to mention that he's a great guy as well.)

Brandt Snedeker, because of his on- and off-course playfulness and smiles. (I'm surprised more people haven't named Brandt.)

Morgan Pressel, because of her passion.

------------------------------------

In the past:

Ben Hogan, because of his quiet confidence and refusal to quit.

Harry Vardon, because of his class and unparalleled success.

Craig Wood, because he fought so tenaciously before he finally won the big one.

Ken Ventui, because he fought so tenaciously before he finally won the big one.

Harry Cooper, because he fought so tenaciously and never won the big one.

Harvie Ward, because of his brilliance in a career cut short over technicalities.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Probably AK or harrington.

Still, Tiger is always fun to watch.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

PGA Tour- Bubba (long and longer) Boo (just everything about him) DL3 (smooth as silk) Lucas Glover (great young player but havent seen him play for ages?)

Nationwide- Josh Broadaway (plays cross handed like me)

LPGA- Natalie Gulbis (self explanitory)

Bubba Watson

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910d3 9.5* Stiff Projext X-7A3 Rescue: Taylor Made Burner TP 20* X-stiff 3 Iron: Titleist AP2 Projext X Rifle Irons: Titleist 710mb NS PRO 105T Stiff Wedges Cleveland CG12 60* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.07 Cleveland CG14 52* Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio 2.5 (2008) Ball: Titleist Pro-V1

Craig Wood, because he fought so tenaciously before he finally won the big one.

I am glad to see someone recognize Craig Wood for what he did. He was the first player to win the Masters and the US Open in the same year, and did receive proper recognition by being elected to the World Golf Hall of Fame this year. Since he was already in the old PGA Hall of Fame in Pinehurst, this was a proper move.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Sergio Garcia
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

Tiger, AK, Justin Leonard, and Tom Watson on the various mens tours-Paula Creamer and Morgan Pressel on the laidies tour.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Hard to pick favorites. Lot's of players have made a mark on the game and rise and fall over their careers. But, here goes...

PGA - Tiger, Wier, Mahan, Duval, Kim, Furyk, Choi, Els, Rose, Lefty...
LPGA - Pressel, Pettersen, Ochoa, Annika, Creamer,
EURO - Harrington, Garcia, Monty, Karlsson, Poulter, Scott, Fasth, Clarke
Champions - Crenshaw, Kite, Watson, Langer, Strange, Sutton, Cook, Funk
Nationwide - de Jonge, Atwal, Barnes, Reifers, Knost, Summerhays

All-time: Jack and Arnie, Seve, Norman, Miller, Casper, Player, Travino, Faldo

Would love to have seen play: Varden, Jones, Young Tom Morris, Hagen, Crosby & Hope, Hogan, Craig Wood, Babe Zaharias, Bill Spiller, Peter Thompson, Chick Evans
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Camilo by far. I really like Tiger and Sergio too though.

Cleveland Hi-bore 9.5* stiff, Taylormade Burner T3 14.5* stiff, Mizuno mp 32 3-PW, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52, 56, 60* wedges, Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 35 inches
In the market for a new driver, then my bag will be the shiz.

Oh, and I forgot about Ogilvy. His interviews are hilarious and he was said to be one of the best interviews in sports

What's In The Bag:
Explore Cart Bag
Hi-Bore XL Driver 9.5
Launcher 3-Wood 15
Rescue 5-Wood TA1 Irons 4-PW (occasional 2 iron) Wedges 52 & 56 CG10 Lob Wedge 60 Cornado 2

My favorite players are the two Fred's: Funk and Couples. Also add in to the mix, Lorena Ochoa.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Camilo Villegas and Geoff Ogilvy

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

Being Canadian, Mike Weir is the man for me. I have also started cheering more for Sergio and AK lately. Darren Clarke is a guy I always pull for too.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I'm going to make some slight modifications to my list that I had before.

PGA: Ryuji Imada, DL3, Chez Reavie, Erik Compton
Nationwide: Colt Knost
Champions: Loren Roberts, Jay Haas
LPGA: Suzann Petterson, Yani Tseng (man, can this girl play)

Note: This thread is 5650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!