IGNORED

Anyone here ever had a torn Meniscus?

jonanthans
Note: This thread is 5635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I traveled to Dallas this weekend to play in a softball tournament. Felt something give in my left knee, right under the kneecap. 3 guys on the team are in various stages of medical school, and they all diagnosed it as an injured Meniscus, either strained or torn. I have also felt a similar pain in my right knee, although not as sharp. They said if torn it usually requires surgery, if strained not likely to need surgery unless scar tissue starts to develop. Has anyone here ever had this injury? It hurt this weekend, but it's not hardle noticeable this morning. Dreading to see how it feels when I go to the range this evening.

Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

I tore my miniscus when I blew out my ACL. Mine was shreded and was in to many pieces to stich up, so they had to bleed it to get it to grow back together on its own. My minisucus was torn in the worst way possible, so I dont know if it neccessarily compares to your injury, but my dad recently strained his and it hurt off and on for about two weeks. I would say if the pain is going away already that you should be fine, but if it flares back up I would go to an orthopedic to see if he or she reccomends surgery (but I doubt yours is that bad).

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

If you split or tore the meniscus you probably could not walk on it. sounds like a strain or small tear of some soft tissue.

If it is painful or is impacting your ability to walk or golf, you should have an MRI shot. Probably should have it repaired before there is more damage. I had medial meniscus (L) removed almost 30 years ago.

SubPar

Depends on the amount of damage.

Mine (gotten just while walking around) caused the knee to swell extensively. I am assuming that is minor damage. No surgery or anything. However, the knee was drained and I was on crutches for a couple of weeks. After that, no issues.

Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

If it makes you feel any better, jonathans, Brad Lidge tore his meniscus and had surgery on it in early '08, and he turned out rather okay.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the info guys.

Im happy to say I had an MRI this morning, and the Doc could see no tears or perforations, so he thinks it is just a strain (both knees), and advised me to lay off of sports for a bit. So, my golf game is on hold for the next 6 weeks, other than putting. Could have been much worse, so I am not going to complain. The Doc said he sees a lot of guys who feel pain in their knees for years, and just keep ignoring it, and by the time they do something about it, its too late. So, any of you guys have any popping, swelling, etc of your knees, his advice is to get it looked at now, totally painless and could save your golf game in the future.
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

You didn't say that you had fluid build up in the knee. Usually fluid indicates a tear or severe strain. Surgery is the reward for all athletes sooner of later and then arthritis.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

Note: This thread is 5635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!