IGNORED

Courses near Savannah, GA

Note: This thread is 6074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Going to be in Savannah and on Hiton Head Island during Masters week. Any ideas for places to play? Looking to keep it less than $125 a round.

I generally like the order designed courses, but anywhere will work for this snow bird.

Thanks.

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina is about a 45 minute car drive from downtown Savannah and offer tonssss of golf. Including the Harbor Town course, a Dye-designed track that hosts the Verizon Heritage (formerly MCI Heritage) PGA Tour event. In-season greens fees are about $250, but its still pretty early, if you can get on it might be about $150ish. There are also a handful of excellent courses in the immediate area, but watch out for there are some real dogs.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

Thanks for the reply. I will be there the week before the MCI, so I won't be able to get on. Staying in Savannah one night and on HHI two nights, I believe at the Palmetto Dunes complex.

Saw there were some Donald Ross designed courses in Savannah. Any comments on those?

I haven't played anywhere near Savannah, but I've played one of the Palmetto Dunes courses. "The Marsh Course" is a real dog track, stay away from that if you get the chance, but I hear the "Ocean Course" is pretty solid, didn't get to play it though.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

Stayed and played at the Palmetto Dunes complex. Played the Robert Trent Jones Course it was nice. The course I liked best while I was there was Hilton Head National . They have 27 holes there and 18 were great the other 9 were so so and unfortunately I cannot remember which was which. Try it out though it was a lot of fun. Make sure you at least go see Harbor town and walk out on the 18th green. Wow its small!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...
To bring this back up - I'm going to be in Savannah mid Nov with time on my hands. Any suggestions for an inexpensive (<$50 w/cart would be nice) round?

Thanks!
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

I just checked my trusty Golf Digest "Places to Play" golf course bible, and under Savannah, it lists . . . . all the Hilton Head Island courses!

Everything within 15 miles of Savannah is 2.5 stars or less (out of five).

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

Note: This thread is 6074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!