IGNORED

Your 2009 Personal (Golf) Goals

iacas
Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since I'm just beginning, my 2009 goals are:

1. Find a good instructor, and develop a good swing.

2. Stick to it through the tough times, and aggravation.
In my blue & white Omega V Bag:

Irons - MX-200 Irons
Wedges - CG15 56˚ & 60˚
Hybrid - Burner 33 Metal - Tour Burner 15˚Driver - R9 460 10.5˚Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball SRTBall - Pro V1

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one goal for 2009....Play more golf!

In my Sun Mountain bag,

Mizuno MP-600, 460 CC Driver

Mizuno CLK FLI-HI Hybrids 17*, 20*Mizuno MP 67 (3-PW) with Nippon NS Pro 950 StiffMizuno MP-R 54*MizunoMP-T 60*Mizuno Bettinardi BC-3

My golf goals for the 2009 season are to make it back to the Florida State Am and Mid-Am. I missed the halfway cut at the Am and I know I can do better this year. It's going to be at TPC Sawgrass so making it back is a priority for me. I made it to the match play round of 16 at the Mid-Am and I know I can do better than that also. Last year I exceeded my expectations by making it though the qualifying as the medalist at my quali site and getting a 14 seed after the stroke play rounds. I won one match before losing to the eventual finalist. I also would like to play in the Amateur Match Play and place in the top ten at the FL Mid-Am Stroke Play and Public Links Championships. If my schedule permits I want to win a major tournament on the golf channel amateur tour after finishing 2nd a few times.

Generally, I want to become more consistent. I need to maintain a level of play throughout the summer rather than the peaks and valleys that I have been going through. This means more focused, better quality practice and improving my putting. The mental game is an area where I can improve as well.

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

My golf goals for the 2009 season are to make it back to the Florida State Am and Mid-Am. I missed the halfway cut at the Am and I know I can do better this year. It's going to be at TPC Sawgrass so making it back is a priority for me. I made it to the match play round of 16 at the Mid-Am and I know I can do better than that also. Last year I exceeded my expectations by making it though the qualifying as the medalist at my quali site and getting a 14 seed after the stroke play rounds. I won one match before losing to the eventual finalist. I also would like to play in the Amateur Match Play and place in the top ten at the FL Mid-Am Stroke Play and Public Links Championships. If my schedule permits I want to win a major tournament on the golf channel amateur tour after finishing 2nd a few times.

I admire acomplishment in golf, how old are you and how long have you been playing? thanks in advance for your reply. good luck in your future golf tournaments, you sound very focused and it sounds like its a matter of time before you reach your goals.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I admire acomplishment in golf, how old are you and how long have you been playing? thanks in advance for your reply. good luck in your future golf tournaments, you sound very focused and it sounds like its a matter of time before you reach your goals.

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm 34. I'm a late bloomer when it comes to golf. I started playing at 15 and walked on my High School golf team as a senior. That's when I became serious about the game. Moving to FL in 1997 afforded me the opportunity to work on my game and consider the PGA Program as a career, but once an old Canadian pro told me that CPGA really stands for "Can't play golf anymore", I turned to another career to make ends meet. All I need now is someone with too much disposable income to take a chance on an old wannabe like me so I can live the dream and give it a shot!

In my Srixon staff bag:

Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

I'm just getting back into the swing of things (pun intended) after not playing for a few years.

1. Strike the ball with consistency. Even if I don't score well, I want to get to a point where I make solid contact regularly, especially with my woods and longer irons.

2. Establish a real handicap and work to improve it by the end of the season.

3. Not stress so much when I play poorly.

4. Have fun and get some exercise.

Driver: HiBore
Fairway Woods: Prostaff FS #3 Great Big Bertha II #7
Irons: Staff Di7 Irons 4-GW
Wedges: CG10 54* CG12 60*
Putter: Black MaxBall: Trispeed

I'm just getting back into the swing of things (pun intended) after not playing for a few years.

I'm not a salesman for the golf channel or anything, but they have an online service called game tracker that you might be interested in. You can track your scores, stats and handicap. It keeps greens hit, fairways, putts, etc and can get really detailed. It's a great way to focus your practice on what really needs improvement. http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?page=35000

In my Srixon staff bag:

Break 90

Break 45 on 9 (hit 45 once last season)

Get driver back under control (seems to be a yearly occurance)

Become a consistent 2 putter

Get my unofficial handicap below 20
-On the subject I guess get an official handicap

Have fun and don't get worked up when I play terrible.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*, Aldila NV Stiff
Fairway Wood: System 2 Midsize 3W
Hybrid: Idea Boxer a3Irons: Bomber Steel Plus 3: 4-PW (Callaway Clone)Wedges: 588 Tour Action BeCu 53* Gap/56* SandPutter: Karsten Anser 2 34"Balls: Back to the drawing board, experimenting with Gamers,...

I'm not a salesman for the golf channel or anything, but they have an online service called game tracker that you might be interested in. You can track your scores, stats and handicap. It keeps greens hit, fairways, putts, etc and can get really detailed. It's a great way to focus your practice on what really needs improvement.

Thanks, jorruss. I'll definitely check it out.

Driver: HiBore
Fairway Woods: Prostaff FS #3 Great Big Bertha II #7
Irons: Staff Di7 Irons 4-GW
Wedges: CG10 54* CG12 60*
Putter: Black MaxBall: Trispeed

^^what alpine said :)

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My main goal is to feel confident enough in my game to take my PAT. Otherwise my goals are get to a 4 handicap, beat my 5 handicap boss, help my buddy get good enough to try the PAT with me and in the fall my student/buddy starts college and I have made a pac with him to get him good enough to get on the traveling team for the college (Fort Lewis).
I would also like to break par for 18 holes but not counting on it.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

2009 personal goals for me go like this:

___ Beat JF in a match-play format at his home course.
___ Beat JF in a match-play format at my home course.
___ Put together a composite notebook (shot strategy, best distances, club selection, specific yardage, etc.) of all 10 courses I play regularly.
___ Practice an average of 3 days a week starting as soon as the snow melts.
___ Win 65% of league points
___ Play in 2 tournaments (one charity, one other)
___ 70% of fairways from tees.
___ 70% GIR.
___ 50% of first putts.
___ Handicap to 5 or better
___ Complete all above and still be happily married and not kicked out of the house by the time the first snow comes.

In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

My goals are.........

Get my handicap down to below 3 ( i know i kan do it )

score consistantly in the 70s ( at least more than 20 rounds )

break par on both nines ( not in the same round but both nines at one stage under par )

Driver: Hibore XL 9.5 R
3 Wood: SQII 15
Hybrid: XLS 19
Irons: 3-PW Ta5
Wedges: 52* CG 10 58* Vokey SM08Putter: Rossa TP Kia Ma Monaco Ball: Pro V1/V1x, Z-Star/Z-Star x

- Break 80 on a daily basis, last year I had dozens of rounds at 80 or 81 only breaking that mark a handful of times
- Win all-conference for the high school team
- lower my handicap from a 7.5 to a 3
- Hit the gym to gain strength and flexibility
- Play more rounds of competitive golf ( its a whole different ball game when the heat is on)
- hit more GIRs averaged only 5-6 a round when I start hitting 9-10 a round my scores will drop
- MENTALLY stay in the game don't let my temper ruin a round think positive because there is always another hole to change my round for the better
- In the fall I want to walk on to SJU golf team!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My personal goals for this season are as follows:
* Get a offical USGA handicap and try to get it down to a 10
* Make my local College team. Just brought back to Adams State College
* Enter as many tournament as possible at my local club
* Play at different courses through-out Colorado and New Mexico

In The Four5 Bag:
907D2 9.5* Driver with Aldila VS Proto 65-S
906F4 13.5* 3-Wood with Aldila VS Proto Fairway 80-S
585H 17* & 21* Hybrids with Aldila VS Proto Hybrid 80-S
Z-Blend Forged 3-PW TT Gold S300 Vokey SM 52/8 & 58/8 TT Gold S400 Classic #3 Putter Pro V1xAll Played at Cattails Golf Course.....

Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!