IGNORED

Weather Today . . .

Jay-Bird
Note: This thread is 5261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11° here at the house, 6° officially and -12° with the wind chill. That's as cold as it got all last winter, and it isn't even winter yet. I think we're in for a bad one this year. Without a miracle, I don't see any golf before mid to late February now.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Local forecast -
Today 29˚
Tomorrow 27˚ and 80% chance of "wintery mix" - ice pellets/snow.
Wed 20˚
Thur 29˚
Fri 35˚

... and so on and so on ...

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Weather forecast says we're getting 9 inches of snow on wednesday...It may sound weird to some of you...but i love snow...and i work at an indoor virtual golf facility / golf school so i still get to hit balls all day , and still go play hockey after work.

Driver : Sasquatch 5900 aka ''The square thing''
Hybrid : 3DX 18*
Irons : TA6
Wedges : tour action 588 Reg. 56*
Rac Satin 60*Putter : Eye2 black dotBalls : Pro V1x or E6+Bag : Carry bag

Weather forecast says we're getting 9 inches of snow on wednesday...It may sound weird to some of you...but i love snow...and i work at an indoor virtual golf facility / golf school so i still get to hit balls all day , and still go play hockey after work.

Damn you Frank!

Indoor facilities are becoming more appealing to me to keep sharp in the winter. There's one that opened this year not too far from me. I'll probably go check it out soon.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

damn, that's the life right there

Weather and schedule has been holding me back. It is upper 40s here today and I was going to sneak out for 9 and as soon as I got to the club it started to rain. Skies looked the same all morning and as soon as I get out of the car.......ugh!

We received snow at around 3 am, sleet after that. I woke up to 24 degrees and icy outside and a heavy fog. Went to work, within 2 hours the fog had cleared and the sun started coming out.

Sky cleared off and it was sunny from around 10 am to 1 pm. At that point, I went home for lunch where it rained on the way home. When I got home, it started to hail pea size hail.

On my way back to work, skies cleared again to heat the day up to 60 degrees. Wind started blowing and we had gusts up to 70 mph which blew in a dust storm from the farm fields outside of town.

So...in the course of a day, we had snow, sleet, sunshine, rain, hail, rain, sunshine, wind, dust storm, and back to cold now.

Craziest weather day I've seen in a long LONG time.

Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

SHUT UP, MY GOD! 56 I would be in short sleaves! not only did it snow about 2inches but now it's raining and about 30* not really cold but very shitty the only golf I'll be playing is on a similator FOR ABOUT 5 MONTHS I tried to get my wife to move to the carolinas but she wouldn't have anything to do with it I hate you guy's with the warm weather alll year long. Just kidding what I hate is I don't know anybody to come visit in the winter down there so I can play.

Two days ago it was mid 70s. What a perfect day.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

looks like a perfect day to visit golfgalaxy!
its pouring outside and like low 70's... then tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and high 30's... this fall has been crazy!
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Sun is shining brightly, and it's 5°. Supposed to get into the 40's by the weekend, but I doubt that the snow will melt off fast enough to be of any use for golf. The 10 day forecast at weather.com shows 40's most of next week, but looking 10 days ahead here on the edge of the mountains is a pure crap shoot. They sometimes have trouble looking 10 hours out. :

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I was able to get out on Saturday for a bit which was lucky as we got 3 or 4 inches of snow later that day ... and now the 5 or 6 inches we got this AM probably has terminated any chances of getting out in the near future ...

40 degrees outside today with constant 30-35MPH wind. There's been heavy gusts today up to 60MPH and a high winds advisory until 7pm EST. I've already lost a few shingles off the house.

LoL, I think I may try to squeeze in 9 holes. If I get a down wind par 5 I may be able to drive it. But if it's into the wind, I'll be using driver 5 or 6 times to get there!

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Note: This thread is 5261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!