IGNORED

Playing by the Rules?

NM Golf
Note: This thread is 6532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you know and play by the rules?

• Yes, I could be a rules official
    • I know them but don't always play by them
    • I'm learning, and I do my best
    • Golf has rules?!

Everyone I play normally plays by the rules. The one exception we sometimes make is that some times when playing the next shot after landing in a lateral water hazard we drop besides the hazard and don't worry to much whether it is exactly on the correct line. We insist anytime there is a possisble OB shot that a provisional be struck. It is a joke to go back to a tee when you realize 225-300 yards ahead your shot went OB.
My father gets special dispensation, (age 79) he plays a lot of foot wedges and improves a lot of lies checking to make sure he is playing the right ball. I call it the Senior handicap.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone post a link to a rules website? or tutorial?? Help us out for people who are learning.
My Bag
Driver: Dunlop Invicta 10.5˚ (Graphite Shaft)
3&5 wood: Lancer Oversize (Graphite)
Irons: Titleist 990 (Steel)
Wedge: Ram FX 57˚(Graphite)Putter: Ram Accubar AB-2Ball: Nike Juice

Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I play with a friend from work who if he had a handicap would be a 36 probably. He tries to break the rules, not intentionally because he doesnt know them, every time we play. When I tell him that he is breaking a rule his response is, "How come when I start to hit the ball well you have to start throwing these rules out, why cant you just leave well enough be." And my response to that is "You'll never know if your game is improving if you dont play the game correctly."

Now he makes me think with his comment. Maybe hes right. He doesnt play for a handicap and probably doesnt even know what one is so why should I bother. Hes out there for the enjoyment of playing the game I guess, not for lowering his handicap.

But myself, I carry a rules book in my bag and in case I dont know a rule or think I dont know it, I break that little book out and go from there. Shooting an 80 and knowing there can be no questions about the validity of your score feels real nice.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Rule books make great gifts, pick up a few and pass them out, there pretty cheap. Should be able to get them at any pro shop.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

If I'm playing a practice or recreational round with my dad or some friends, I'll play by the rules about 99.9% of the time. If it isn't a match and I hit a bad shot, I'll hit another ball just to convince myself that I can in fact hit the shot I wanted to(as long as it isn't an approach into a soft green or isn't holding up play); however, I only count my score on the first ball and rarely play out the second one.

Driver: Square Two Power Circle TI, stiff graphite
5-Wood: Orlimar Trimetal 19*, stiff graphite
Irons: Taylor Made RAC OS 3-PW, regular flex steel
Wedges: 52* Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl, 56* Callaway Forged wedge, vintage finish
Putter: Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel Newport BeachBalls: Callaway...

I try to play by the rules, but whenever I play we aren't all that strict.
In the Bag:
Drivers:: Ben Hogan C-S3 (10.5* Neutral), Callaway Steelhead III (8.5*)
Hybrids: Precept ECU 30*, Precept ECU 25*, Dulop LoCo Utility 17*
Irons: Adams Golf Idea A1 Pro
Wedges: Adams Tom Watson (Lob and Sand)Putter: Adams Golf GT Spec 03 PutterBalls: Callaway HX Red & Precept MC Lady

Note: This thread is 6532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!