IGNORED

Fujikura Pro 95

Note: This thread is 6612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just switched my shaft out of my G5 Driver. I had the Aldila NV 65 X-Stiff in it and it was just too light and not stiff enough. I was hooking it way too much. I put in a Fujikura Pro 95 X-Stiff. It is a 91 gram shaft and has a bit less torque than the Aldila and it is a half inch shorter. What a difference! The ball flight came down, the hook turned into a nice gentle draw, and I can cut the ball again. It is amazing what a difference a shaft can make!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That half an inch shorter adds a ton of control. I'm an advocate of a little shorter in the driver for lots more control and perhaps even a little more distance too.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
That half an inch shorter adds a ton of control. I'm an advocate of a little shorter in the driver for lots more control and perhaps even a little more distance too.

I'm an advocate for simply gripping down a little on the driver 90% of the time. On wider holes, grip it longer and rip it longer. Sorry JD.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just switched my shaft out of my G5 Driver. I had the Aldila NV 65 X-Stiff in it and it was just too light and not stiff enough. I was hooking it way too much. I put in a Fujikura Pro 95 X-Stiff. It is a 91 gram shaft and has a bit less torque than the Aldila and it is a half inch shorter. What a difference! The ball flight came down, the hook turned into a nice gentle draw, and I can cut the ball again. It is amazing what a difference a shaft can make!

I wonder more if it's the 30 extra grams in shaft weight not the 1/2" that's helping you, since you said you often gripped down. Which makes me curious how you hit your 70 gram 3-wood?

Either way I'm glad to hear it's workin gout better for you!

I wonder more if it's the 30 extra grams in shaft weight not the 1/2" that's helping you, since you said you often gripped down. Which makes me curious how you hit your 70 gram 3-wood?

Its definately the extra 30 grams that have helped. The 3 wood is inconsistant at best, thats why I tend to grip down on the driver or hit 2 iron on tight holes.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

The Fujikura Pro 95 is definitely a great shaft. I currently use it in my 3 woods and it has provided me with the control that I have looked for for a while as well as keeping the ball from ballooning up. I'm a lil afraid of putting it in my driver so im going with the UST V2 86 TX thinking that should be the ticket. Glad you found the pro 95 to be a good shaft, imo definitely worth its price.

Note: This thread is 6612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!