IGNORED

Three Controversies

iacas
Note: This thread is 1872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hope Casey Martin plays on the senior tour where carts are allowed.  As empathetic as I am to his condition, and as sorry as I felt for him having this condition, I felt he had a lot of nerve trying to play on the PGA tour with a cart.  

Thread is way before my golfing time as I started 5 years ago so didnt know about him.

Didnt the top court in your country deem him allowed though? So it's a matter of not agreeing with the court decision?

I'm not a lawyer but often deal with Queens Bench decisions because of my job. The stuff I read about the decision seems pretty thought out 

Edited by cutchemist42

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Geez guys! Just because someone woke up this thread from 14 years ago, doesn't mean you need to comment on it? :-P You had your chance back in '05!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. He was joking, sure.  But it was bad judgment (obviously).  I do take issue that what you intended doesn't matter, only what is inferred matters... when it is the exact opposite.  What I intend to say is my business - you have no right to tell me what I meant.  Likewise, what you choose to believe I meant is your business, and I have no control over that.  Fuzzy's been around long enough to know the latter half of that equation.  And it was a racist joke, no question - the entire premise of the statement was racist.  But to utter such a thing should be kept between friends who are "in on it" and accepting of the circumstance. Not sure Tiger was in that bubble; he sure didn't act like it afterwards.

2.  No. Private clubs should do what they want. And that includes all types of discrimination. If a club told me I couldn't join because I was bald, I wouldn't want to join.  Nor would I want to stand up for all bald guys and make a point.  I'd find a club I'd want to be part of, and who wanted me.

3. Accommodations in any sport for physical limitations is ridiculous from the get-go. It's sad he had a messed up leg.  But he couldn't meet the minimum physical requirements. 

Note: This thread is 1872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!