IGNORED

My Kid's Swing (again, ha ha ha)

iacas
Note: This thread is 6551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Heh, she might be a good golfer some day. She just has to GROW. She's tiny, tiny, tiny. Like bottom 1% for her age in both height and weight. Gonna be tough to keep up with a 31-year-old Michelle Wie in 15 years if she's 4'8".

http://homepage.mac.com/iacas/nat_golf1.avi
http://homepage.mac.com/iacas/nat_golf2.avi
http://homepage.mac.com/iacas/nat_golf3.avi

Incidentally, these are the US Kids Golf 3'0 - 3'8" clubs, so we're not worried about the gap in her grip just yet. She's not 3' tall yet... The pink ones (for girls) weigh 25% less than the red ones for boys in the same height range, and it's helped a lot. $120 for a 3-wood, putter, and 7-iron. Then we go the wedge cheap to "complete" her little set.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Speaking of pink balls...did you guys see paula creamer playing in her tournament last week? She is actually using a pink ball...too far? in my opinion it is just funny.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

She's going to be a star. Don't sweat the height thing too much. My older son went almost two years without growing or gaining weight. He went from over 90% to 20% in that stretch. He started to grow again like crazy and now he is passing kids who had passed him a few years ago. He is back near 60% now. My younger one is off the charts. He is the tallest kid in his class and the doctors say they would not be supprised if he hit 7'. Of course, it probably helps that I am 6'8".
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Start 'em early and keep it fun! I love to watch kids take up the game... kind of puts it in perspective. Just whacking a ball with a stick. I agree about not worrying about the height thing. It'll be what it'll be. And if she does turn out to be petite, so what? Golf is a great equalizer among people of different heights and builds.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I grew 6 inches from my senior year in high school to my 1st year of college, so I wouldn't be to worried about it.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

My three year old grandson has a great natural hockey-style slapshot with his little toy plastic golf clubs...he can hit grandpa in the face with a plastic golfball from all the way across the living room, 2 out of 3 shots. I'm very proud (Grandma, not so much )

"My swing is so bad I look like a caveman killing his lunch." ~Lee Trevino

Currently playing Maltby C.E.R. 701u

Build your own...Total cost of my complete set of golf clubs: 500 bucks.Beating a guy who sports a $2000 bag of : priceless.

Note: This thread is 6551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!