IGNORED

Eagles?

Ian
Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many eagles have you had in your lifetime?

• 1 Eagle
    • 2 Eagles
    • 3 Eagles
    • 4 Eagles
    • 5 Eagles
    • 6 Eagles
    • 7 Eagles
    • 8 Eagles
    • 9+ Eagles
    • Ive never had an eagle :(

I've made many but never the way I wanted....which is the ace. I've gotten home in two on a par-5's, put in my 2nd shot on a par-4 (longest being from 140 yards) and even driven the green and made the put on a short risk/reward par-4. But never the elusive ace.

I'm usually good for at least a couple per year, vast majority of those coming from getting home in two on a par-5.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had one in my 6 years of golf... had a great drive on a shortish par-4, then jarred a 60 yard pitch.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

I've had 5:

- Driver, blind 7i... looked for 5 min only to find it in the cup
- Driver, punch 9i to 6', hit the 2' right to left breaker
- Driver, Gap wedge (love altitude golf) to 20', sank the 12' putt (unknown to me my gf's ball struck mine moving it closer, while I was searching for her dad's ball in the high rough... I still count it though, I just giver her the assist...)
- Driver, 6i, 3/4 60* to the front rolling into the cup
- Driver, Punch out 4i, nothing but net 9i from 147.

So we have 3 hole outs and 2 GUR and 1 putts.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I've had one in three years of playing. Hopefully get one this summer.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I've been playing three years and have had 2. They both occurred in my first year playing, both on the same hole, back-to-back, playing two balls. It was a 500 yard dogleg left par-5. I hit a drive that was this big, towering draw to around 290. I thought, "Holy cow, that was incredible. I wonder if I can do it again." The next time I piped it to within 10 feet of the same ball. I started thinking I had the hang of this game. I got up and hit two 8-irons. The first landed short in the fringe. The second landed pin-high 10 feet. I chipped in from the fringe on the first ball and sank the putt on the second for my first and second eagle.

Now, every time I play that hole, I expect to do the same thing and end up making a big number, usually starting with a hook into the treeline, followed by a drop-out.

Those two eagles cost me more strokes than all the pars I've made my entire life.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Many, many eagles... a hundred? I don't know the number, maybe. However, I have holed out dozens and dozens of times on par fours, but in a lifetime of golf only two hole-in-ones, from 220 and 176 yards. But my frustration is I have never made an Albatross -- an ace on a par four or a two on a par five. I would love to have one of those in my lifetime, but I doubt it will happen.

When Gene Saragen holed out on the par 5 number 15 at Augusta, for a two, he called it a "Dodo" and some called it a double eagle, but I always heard 3 under on a hole called an Albatross -- I've never even seen one. Rare bird.

N.B: I've played golf over 50 years.

RC

Twice.

Once on a par-5, reached in two and sank a 25 foot putt. This was 2 seasons ago.

Just this past Monday, I dunked a shot from 161 yards on a par 4. It was awesome! The hole was cut on the right side of the green just over a bunker. I decided to aim up the middle of the approach and cut it in there with a 6-iron. The ball landed 3 feet left of the hole and released and rolled right in. The foursome leaving the green ahead of us cheered loud!

No brand loyalty at all!

Driver: Speedline 10.5*
Fairway woods: 905F 15* and Big Bertha 19*Hybrid: DWS 3HIrons: 2008 FP 4-GWWedge: Carnoustie 56*Putter: Zing Anser 2i

Hole 1 at Eagle Springs Golf Resort. 300 yard par 4. My pitch to the green was blind. I hit a 3/4 pitching wedge from about 75 yards out trying to get pin high on a two-tier green. When I got to the green I didn't see my ball so I walked to the back of the green thinking it didn't check up and bounced over. One of my buddies suggested I look in the cup. Yah. My first eagle.
Driver: Cleveland Hi-Bore Tour 9.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Red-Stiff
Fairway: Cleveland Hi-Bore 15°, Grafalloy ProLaunch Red-Stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual TP 3H, Diamana Blue Board-Stiff
Irons: MacGregor MT 3-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Stiff
Wedges: MacGregor MT Pro 52-6° & 58-10°Putter:...

I've had quite a few over the years. On the course I grew up on 4 of the 9 holes were reachable par 4's for longer hitters so eagles were somewhat common on those holes. A couple of my more memorable ones:

Holed out from 90 yards on a par 4. Holed out from the same spot 1 week later.

Par 5 I was trying to reach it in 2 but I pulled my ball left into the trees. Got the members bounce and it ended about 6 feet from the cup and I rolled it in.

Maybe my most memorable are the ones I didn't get:

I drove OB then hit my next drive straight and long. I put my next shot in the hole from 105 yards for par.

Playing a very prestigous course around here I reached a long par 5 in two. I was thinking maybe an eagle, probable birdie and I proceeded to 5 putt for a double bogey.

I had three coming into this year and I hadn't made one in about two or three years. I've made three in the last two months. All on the same hole...500 yard par five. The last one was three evenings ago...good drive, hybrid to just in front of the green, chip in with 54 degree wedge. It was cool!

This year i have had one, on a par 5, a wedge from about 70 yards out...it just rolled right in! Other than that i have not had any previous eagles, lots of birdies though.

Holy crap, I've now had 4 (3 actually) this week. Wow!!!

I already posted about holing a wedge from the fairway last wednesday. On Monday, I holed one from 165, after hooking it around a tree.

The same round, I holed a long bunker shot (30 yards) on a par 5 for what would have been eagle, if I hadn't put my drive OB. So it was a par.

The final eagle was a short putt I had today on a 560 yard Par 5. Driver, 5-wood to 10 feet.

Sweet!

Driver: 905S 8* - Graffaloy Blue 65S Shaft (tipped 1" Short)
Fairway: 960F (15*, 19*)
Irons: T-Zoid Pro 4-PW w/ True Temper Steel
Wedges: MP-R Black 52*, 56*
Lob: 60* CG-10 (nice and rusty)Putter: OZ Putter (with oversized Winn Blue Grip)Ball:: One Tour

Ive had 2. I holed a 80 yard wedge shot on a par 5. I also got on in 2 and made a 15 footer on a 5. No 4s. No aces.

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

I've had 3, all on par fives. Two were about 10 footish putts on pretty easy holes, and the third was the best hole of my life.

It was a 530 yard par five (#8 at Empire Lakes in Rancho Cucamonga) that is normally reachable in two, and once with the wind helping (a lot) I even hit it with a 6 iron. This day, the wind was hurting badly, probably about 15 mph dead against us. I killed a drive and killed a 3 wood and I was still about 20 yards short in the fairway. The green is wicked so I had to aim about 10 yards right of the hole. Pitched with my lob wedge and it caught the slope perfectly, my friend called eagle when it was still 20 feet away, and it dripped right in the cup! Probably the best feeling I've had playing golf! (so far)
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

par 5 3rd shot to an elevated green... couldnt see the hole... pulled my 52 and opened it all the way up... ball went almost straight up and really high... everyone including me thought i overshot the green... spent 3 mins looking for my ball in the rough behind the green... decided to replay my shot and got that on the green... my buddy putted out an noticed there were 2 balls in the hole... his and my first approach shot... so glad he didnt pocket it and say it musta been from the group in front... lol
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Funny that I've been reading this thread, because I got my first today! On a long par 5 I holed a 60yd wedge. Extremely exciting, I wrote the date and location on it. I'll chuck it when I start picking up some aces though haha.

Thankfully I've had more than I can keep count of...

One of my more memorable eagles was on a 343-yard par 4 while golfing in Kenya. Somewhat assisted by the higher altitude, my tee shot came to rest on the green about 30ft passed the hole. I was lucky enough to seize this one-time opportunity by nailing the putt....a '2' on your card always looks good, but even better on a par 4.

In my bag..

Driver: Mighty Big T3, 8°, Grafalloy Prolite 35
Fairway Wood: PT, 13°
Fairway Wood: Seville 15° (in my bag since 1987)Irons: T-Zoid Pro, 3-PWSW: MP-9, 56°LW: Tour Star, 64°Putter: Allied Professional (in my bag since 1989)Ball: ProV1xShoes:

I have had so many chances, but always left my self a 30' or better putt. All of my friends that are 20+ handicaps have had one... WHICH IS BS! but ill take my game over theirs anyday :)

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Note: This thread is 5003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!