IGNORED

Professional Golfers Career College

Note: This thread is 5556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any body ever hear anything about this college? I was just searching there website and it seems to good to be true! Classes till the afternoon and Golf till dark 4 days a week in either Florida, California, or the Carolinas.This seems perfect because it teaches you all the aspects of the game, from becoming a PGA Professional to a club fitter, it just seems like its too good! But I wanted to know if anyone else has heard of the school or is thinking about attending it!
p.s. Didnt know where to post this, maybe Golf disussion would have ben better?..sorry

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

I'm actually just finished up my application for PGCC and am going to start in the Fall at the Florida campus. Everyone I've talked to who has gone has loved it. I think you'll here mixed things from people who haven't (some say it's a great way to get into the business, some say it's a waste of time).

For my particular situation, I think it's a great opportunity. If I could go back to high school, I would've played golf then, gotten into a 4 year PGM program, and gone that route. Instead, I got a BS in physics and am getting my MS in atmospheric science in May. I didn't pick up the game until about a year ago (dabbled in it off and on before then). So now I'm 24 and wanting to get into the industry. A 4 year school is too much school at this point and my game needs too much improvement (I'm a 15.7 now). PGCC (or the more expensive Golf Academy of America) offer me the best combination of 1) ability to network with others in the industry, 2) the ability to learn about teaching, clubfitting, club repair, business management, and 3) the ability to improve my game to pass the PAT in a reasonable amount of time. Not to mention the Orlando campus is at Orange County National, so I'll get to play some great courses

Shoot me a PM if you want to know more about what I'm doing. Are you considering the school as an option?

What I play:

Driver: XLS Hibore 9.5* Fit-On Red (S)
Woods: Tour XPC 16* Graffaloy ProLite (S)
Hybrid: Exotics 3HIrons: Reid Lockhart 3-SWWedge: rac 60*Putter: a crappy $20 Academy putter (but it works!)

I have the welcome packet sitting on my table. I havent gone through it yet though. I am still thinking about it. It is pretty expensive.
What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

It is pretty expensive. $5600/semester. I figure for the golf (OCN ranges from $50-$130/round depending on the time of year), free lessons, free range balls, I'll basically save all of my golf money that I spend throughout the year (easily has to top $1500/yr between greens fees, lessons, and range balls and I don't play a course nearly as nice as OCN's or Disney's). I can cough up the extra money for the experience, the opportunity to learn, and the opportunity to break into the industry. If anybody does decide to go, let me know! I'll probably be moving to Orlando sometime in July.

What I play:

Driver: XLS Hibore 9.5* Fit-On Red (S)
Woods: Tour XPC 16* Graffaloy ProLite (S)
Hybrid: Exotics 3HIrons: Reid Lockhart 3-SWWedge: rac 60*Putter: a crappy $20 Academy putter (but it works!)

One of the dudes from the commercials a few years back actually did get a job as a head Pro at private club in L.A. Pretty good one as I remember. I'd go there. Why not? It wouldn't hurt to have an a resume. I went to something similar at College of the Desert in Palm Desert. I'm sure seeing that on my resume was a factor of my current boss hiring me. If you can make it to a school with an accredited PGA/PGM program, then you'd be doing yourself a really good favor. That will get you in for sure. Here's a list of those schools from the link at pgalinks.com: http://pgajobfinder.pgalinks.com/hel...iversities.cfm

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Ya thanks everyone for the help! I just got there package in the mail! It is pricy but the experience to play on those courses and all the leasons and help! Its well worth the money!

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

Note: This thread is 5556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!