IGNORED

Vijay will be on "The Apprentice" tonight.

Maverick
Note: This thread is 6568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It was pretty neat, but it really was just a cameo. The only thing that got a bit annoying was the winning team's (and Trump's) unending praise for Vijay as "the best and most consistent golfer in the world.

If that's the case, how come he hasn't won in 18 tournaments?
In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

If that's the case, how come he hasn't won in 18 tournaments?

He can't

putt
IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills

He can't

Umm, he is ranked 15th on tour in putting, 1.727 And thats not skewed by missing a lot af greens because he is ranked 8th in G.I.R. 70.1%. So I don't think its the putting. If you look at his stats the only area where he seems to be lacking is in the driving where he ranks 101st in total driving. Its just a matter of time until Vijay wins, we are just so used to him winning all the time its a shock. Remember Phil didn't win until April.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

it seems like they always flip to him missing 5 footers though. Didn't know the stats.
IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills

• Administrator
Umm, he is ranked 15th on tour in putting, 1.727 And thats not skewed by missing a lot af greens because he is ranked 8th in G.I.R. 70.1%. So I don't think its the putting. If you look at his stats the only area where he seems to be lacking is in the driving where he ranks 101st in total driving. Its just a matter of time until Vijay wins, we are just so used to him winning all the time its a shock. Remember Phil didn't win until April.

Uhm, except:

Putting Leaders measures putting performance on those holes where the green is hit in regulation (GIR). For these holes, the total putts are divided by the total holes played. By using greens hit in regulation we are able to eliminate the effects of chipping close and one putting in the computation.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Uhm, except:

Maybe skewed wasn't the correct word. What I meant is his putting rank is for real since he is hitting so many greens. Whatever now I am confusing myself. Anywho, he is ranked 50th, I believe, in Putts per round. Thats not great but its not too terribly bad. Leads me to believe that he is not getting the putts to go in if he misses the green. Chipping woes maybe?

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 6568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!