IGNORED

Old vs. New ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, i am looking for some real data here. I listened to the podcast about the differences between the old and new ProV1x, but it sounded to me like the ball cover durability was really the bigest change.

Has anyone seen any data concerning diferences in distance between the two balls?

The reason I am asking is I have 9 boxes left of last years and I am golf nut who wants to make sure I am not missing out on 3 extra yards, ha ha.

thanks for the feedback!
My Sticks
Driver - Adams Tech A4 9.5* Matrix Xcon 7 X flex 266 Freq
3Wd - Exotics CB2 15* Motore F1 S flex tipped to 275 Freq
Hybrid - Taylormade Rescue TP 17* & 21*
Irons - 4 thru PW Mizuno MP 62 +1/2 X100 shaftsWedges - Vokey 52* and Scratch Golf WLD grind 58*Putter - Rife IBF Tour Assie custom fitGri...

You probably are missing out on some distance and need to dump your 9 boxes. I am willing to take those crummy balls off of your hands for $20/dozen. Deal?

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

There isnt much of a difference distance-wise but durability is the major change. They made the new 09's to better withstand the vicious attacks of the SM vokeys and those other nasty wedges.

• Administrator
Ok, i am looking for some real data here. I listened to the podcast about the differences between the old and new ProV1x, but it sounded to me like the ball cover durability was really the bigest change.

And a bit more distance added to the Pro V1. Also, Pro V1 spins a bit more off the irons.

Has anyone seen any data concerning diferences in distance between the two balls?

It's going to vary quite a bit from golfer to golfer. Either way, you're likely not missing out on a substantial amount of anything - distance, spin, etc. - by playing a slightly older ball.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You probably are missing out on some distance and need to dump your 9 boxes. I am willing to take those crummy balls off of your hands for $20/dozen. Deal?

Hey, i might be willing to cut that deal with you for 5 boxes. PM me and we can chat.

Thanks,
My Sticks
Driver - Adams Tech A4 9.5* Matrix Xcon 7 X flex 266 Freq
3Wd - Exotics CB2 15* Motore F1 S flex tipped to 275 Freq
Hybrid - Taylormade Rescue TP 17* & 21*
Irons - 4 thru PW Mizuno MP 62 +1/2 X100 shaftsWedges - Vokey 52* and Scratch Golf WLD grind 58*Putter - Rife IBF Tour Assie custom fitGri...

Last year I played on some balls from 2005/2006, I hope the newer ones are more durable. One shot with a wedge and the ball is wasted.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...
I tried prov1x for the first time yesterday and the feel was great but there was a tiny bit of ballooning compared to my other favorite balls...

Not a ton but defineately noticeable. Prov1 is the next ball I will try and I think it will launch a bit lower...
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

I tried prov1x for the first time yesterday and the feel was great but there was a tiny bit of ballooning compared to my other favorite balls...

I'm also experimenting with the Pro-V1x. I really like these balls...more distance but still soft around the greens and they spin plenty for my game. That said, I'd be really surprised if the V1 has a lower ball flight because it has more dimples and more spin. I think you'll find that it'll actually fly higher. Just my 2 cents.

R7 Superquad

Exotics 18*

Exotics 25*

AP2 (2008)

CG15 56* & 60*

Rossa Imola 8

TP Black LDP

Note: This thread is 5457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!