IGNORED

Faders?

mikelaw
Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is an old quote from Trevino, I'm sure most have heard it but it is so true:

"You can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen".

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Most tour players can shape both shots as they want, but a fade is far more consistent than draw. In a fade you're hand are farther ahead of your ball than a draw, much like you would hit an iron or wedge. a slight fade also has less spin which equals more distance, higher trajectory which is more controllable, and a fade plays better into the wind. Both swing shapes have their perks, i think its just as effective and easier to hit a fade.

Mickelson and Watney were drawing the ball. They can work it obviously, but they naturally draw it....and Tiger was quoted as saying his best days were a natural draw. This is circa Butch Harmon days though, not Hank Haney. ++++

Driver: Adams 9015 proto (ozik matrix shaft)
3w: TM V-Steel 15* grafalloy blue (42 inches)
3-pw: Miura Tournament Blades w/ rifle 5.5
wedges: 588 Clevelands 47* 51* 56*
putter: Scotty Cameron oil can (97)

• Administrator
Mickelson and Watney were drawing the ball. They can work it obviously, but they naturally draw it.

Their natural shots are cuts. Watney's always hit a cut - and the announcers (and Butch on Saturday) talked at length about it. Mickelson has played a cut just about every time I've seen him play in person.

and Tiger was quoted as saying his best days were a natural draw.

Tiger said, IIRC, that he grew up playing a draw. I think you've twisted or "mis-remembered" his words a bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mickelson and Watney were drawing the ball. They can work it obviously, but they naturally draw it....and Tiger was quoted as saying his best days were a natural draw. This is circa Butch Harmon days though, not Hank Haney. ++++

ya come on! Mickelson is known for the power fade! his miss and usually tiger's too... is a huge thigh block push... not a snap hook.

Ping Hoofer Team
TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65 Stiff
Titleist 13.5* 906F Aldila VS Proto 'ByYou' 80-S
TaylorMade TP Smoke Irons 3-PW Project X Rifled 6.0
Cleveland CG 12 ZIP Grooves 54* 58* Scotty Cameron Studio Style 1.5 35' Golf Pride Butter Grip. Titleist...

correct me if im wrong, but for most of career he was the guy who always hit the draw. When he decided to get serious about the majors he learned to cut it. He even used 2 drivers to prevent the big slice because he wasnt use to that cut.

Watney...Ive never seen in real life.

Tiger pre Haney days, maybe 1999 said his natural ball fliht "natural draw".

Ive seen Tiger and Phil in real life....I did not see a lot of cuts.

well damn....google has proven me wrong on phil, but i maintain im right with tiger..........(.5) rounds to 1

Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!