IGNORED

R9 Reshafting

Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Nor will people who used ribbed grips. What a joke...

I don't think that quite makes it a "joke." According to TM (they don't like to publicize it), the vast majority of people who use clubs with adjustable things (weights, before now) set it once and leave it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

its really not that bad..

Think about it, you will mess around with it on the range, get it to the setting that you would like etc etc, and then you can re grip with your NDMC. if you go through a swing change where you think that one extra degree of loft or whatever will really affect your ball flight adn you have to chagne the shaft..well, how often do you think that happens? chances are, by the time you need to change it, its time for new grips anyway.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I just wont be surprised if TaylorMade comes out with a R9 v2.0 in another 6 months with some new "multi-spine" technology haha.
Driver: Titleist 909 D2 (VooDoo shaft)
Woods: Titleist 909 D3 (15 deg, VooDoo shaft)
Hybrids: Mizuno MX700 (20 deg)
Irons: Titleist ZB (4-pw)
Wedge:
Titleist Vokey 52°, 56°, 60°Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select NewportPutter Cover: Scotty Cameron 2009 Cupid Dog -WhiteBalls: Srixon Z-Star

I just bougt mine on Tuesday and had it regriped with a mid sized Multi Compound, yes the label changes as you rotate the shaft. To me it's not that big of a deal. I have it set up for a NU position and its a slight draw. The only problem is, at my local golf shop 2 have already came back with caved in faces, really bad. I saw both of them on Friday.

I checked the specs on TM.com and the torque, weight, flex, and all around look interchangeable. I just ordered the regular r9, with the Motore X in an 8.5 haven't received it yet. But I don't see the justification in the extra price just looking at the specs. The Motore F1 from TM is different than the after market F1. Specs are totally different.
Does anyone know if you could just re shaft the FCT Cartridge with a new shaft. Because if you could order extra FCT sleeves, you could have a few shafts on hand like the Callaway I mix.

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

I just wont be surprised if TaylorMade comes out with a R9 v2.0 in another 6 months with some new "multi-spine" technology haha.

That is funny, So True but funny.

I have the r9 8.5 Fuji MOTO 65 x I tend to stay to the neutral but when I put my decade on I set the Golf Pride to N. I am now playing it to NU and dont really feel a difference and the blank top has not bothered me at all.

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

• 1 year later...
really, your rotating the head, hold the shaft the same way you always do, thats how they change the loft and angle, the spin and grip stay in the same position as always, if you are rotating around the shaft to get the club squared up at address, your defeating the whole purpose of this club, if you hold the grip where you can read it, the spin stays correct

to address the question of "can you change the shaft in an R9"

the anser is YES

you buy the sleeve seperate, install the sleeve on your new shaft and your done
any club maker can do this, its no more difficult installing it into a blind bore head

you can have any shaft your heart desires in an R9, with the sleeve installed

this is an old thread, but thought i would put my 2 cents in......
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Defiantly seen the ends on ebay, they were about £15

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

ive seen shafts that dont have the spine angle in the correct position. when you bring the clubhead back and let it go and club goes in like a 360 rotation instead of straight back and through. That said Ive heard some modern shafts dont have a spine? i dont know though

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

We remove the R9 sleeve and reshaft with any compatible tip shaft, .335, .350, .370. It is easier than you think. R11 sleeves are different and more care must be taken.

• 1 year later...

Hello All,

I have read a lot of threads on here and just wanted to clarify some things about club making. Just to state some validity about me yes, I assemble clubs and disassemble them. All shafts have a spine. You can not see the spine of a club. It is not marked or anything like a human spine in that sense. A spine is where the club consistently bends. When you perform the spine test and see the club bouncing in all crazy directions that just means the spine wasn't aligned with the club face. If you  are an amatuer player the spine doesn't matter. Your swing matters more. Unless, your a scratch or better golfer the spine of a club really won't affect your game nor give you that much of an edge. You just need to keep working on your swing. Trust me I know. Anyways, I am currently building an R1 Tour Driver and completely overhauling my golf clubs with new shafts and grips. Unless, you know what you are doing in regards to reshafting clubs don't do it. There is more to club making than people realize. I can go on forever but I'd rather not. I just wanted to give a little more insight to fellow golfers about golf clubs. Thanks for reading and good luck with your golf game.

Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!