IGNORED

Help with driver roll!!

Note: This thread is 5477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good luck!!!!

It is a fun process.

I like the idea of a practice area in the backyard.

I've been wanting to block off a section in the backyard also and put a quality mat down and string some netting up between the tall pines. I think my son and I would get good use out of such a spot. I need to do some research on the material costs.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Well I don't know but if your 3 wood is a 13 degree(3+3) that would explain so much roll there or a high kick shaft of course. For you driver if all you want is more roll you could flatten your swing a little, and play a stronger grip. Doing this will cause you to hit a draw and obviously it will roll out more.

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 8.5 stiff V2 shaft
Woods: IDrive 3 & 5 square (Callaway Clone)
Irons: Callaway X Forged 3-PW w/Rifle 5.5
Wedge: Titleist Vokey 2009 spin milled 52 degree Adams 60 degree
Putter: Maxfli BlackMax TwoBag: Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand BagBall: Whatever is in my bag that day

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to update this thread. I haven't played much the past month but I got a chance to play Sunday and have been working hard on extending my driver distance. This is what I did.....I lowered the tee height until the top of the ball was just about at the top of the club. Normally, I would have half the ball over the top of the club. Also, I made a slight swing adjustment that I picked up from watching a PLFP with Anthony Kim. Normally, I would lift my left heel slightly off the ground and concentrating on a hip turn. I stopped doing that and kept my lower body quiet while concentrating on a full shoulder turn over my right foot.

The results, average drive was probably 280....big increase over the 250-260 I have been at. Drive through several dog legs and over 1 par 4, these drives were at or over 300 yards. My playing partners could not believe it and neither could I. I knew that I had it in me but not at that consistency. I was straight and long...and blew by my group. Since I haven't played much...I shot a 92. However, it was one of those days where I missed several putts by less than an inch...missed the read/speed or just left it just short. Could have very easily been mid to low 80s with a few breaks. Plus I tripled 18 on a poor choice by me.

Conclusion, I don't need to read all these danged magazines telling me to tee the ball up higher and moving the ball forward to achieve more distance.....keep the ball in the face of the club and swing away. Thanks for all the replies and help on this thread!

PS. I recommend watching PLFP with Anthony Kim. Very good advice.
What's in my bag:

G5 10.5 degree Driver
G5 3 wood
G5 3-PWTour 52, 56 & 60 degree wedgesPro V1 weapons of mass destructionPinseeker 1500 Rangefinder

Note: This thread is 5477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!