IGNORED

Nike Golf shoes - leaky air?

Note: This thread is 5528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's been two years since i last had a pair of Nike golf shoes, but I'm hesitant to get another pair because the air bubble in heel on a pair I had and a pair my brother had both had leaks. I don't think they contributed to a decline in performance, but I will say they started to not be as comfortable.

I've always been a big fan of Nike shoes, they're out of the box comfortable, however I can't ever recall having a pair of running shoes sport leaks in the air bubble, so why would a pair of golf shoes, something I wear 3-4 times a month, if that.

I've since switched to Aididas Powerband shoes and they're quite comfy as well, but I wanted to ask the masses and see if they encountered leaky Nike Air golf shoes as well. Thanks!

909 D2, 9.5 with Matrix Ozik XCon 5
909 F2, 15.5 3W with Matrix Ozik Xcon 5
909 H, 19 & 24 with stock Aldila Voodoo S
AP2, 5-PW with Project X 5.5
CG10, 52 gap wedge CG10, 56 sand wedge Spin Milled, 60 lob wedge Newport 2.5

Never one issue w/ my Nike's.... and I own three pair.....

they are easily the sharpest looking golf shoe you can get and are very comfortable......

ditch those ugly adidas and get back w/ the Nike's.....

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I had a Nike running shoe that got a flat Air unit but that was after 4 years. Never had one in a golf shoe and I've had a lot of Nike golf shoes.

I also had Nikes that became squeeky. Eventually the squeek turned into an unwearable shoe. I think shoes with air bubbles in general are prone to this as they can be punctured in many different ways especially on a golf course.

Ive had this happen to several basketball shoes made by Nike, but never golf shoes.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

I am a huge Nike fan. I wear them for basketball and football and just everyday. I have 7 or more pairs of Nikes. I havent came across any air bubbles on my Nike golf shoes yet. I am looking to try the Powerbands soon though.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Hmm, I do like the new TW line, those are sharp. I do think Nike makes a really good golf shoe, but I'm afraid my clumsy nature causes damage to those air sacs. Handsdown, Nike's are the most comfortable, in my opinion. Perhaps I'll give them a try when the new TW shoes go on sale. Thanks!

I'm not a big Nike fan, but I bought a pair because they were the best fit. I checked reviews on them first and one guy said that he had a problem with the bubble rupturing, so looks like you're not alone.

I've owned 2 pairs of nike shoes and although they've fit the best of all my shoes with the exception of my current eccos, they were all prone to leak from the air bubble. They also started to leak in water about a week after the waterproof warranty was out :(

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

people bring Nike shoes back to the shop I work at all the time. They're not as comfortable when they leak, and most times end up making an annoying squeaking noise.

We very rarely ever get Footjoys back though. Tons of Adidas come back, especially the Tour 360 models.

but I'm hesitant to get another pair because the air bubble in heel on a pair I had and a pair my brother had both had leaks.

Mine did not leak, they flat-out bursted...twice! Never again.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

people bring Nike shoes back to the shop I work at all the time. They're not as comfortable when they leak, and most times end up making an annoying squeaking noise.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the chief complaint for those that bring in Adidas shoes? Those are my new favorites. Thanks!

I saw a friend's pair of Nike basketball shoes burst after dunking. The Nike rep said it happens from time to time but we never had any problems after that one. I'm loyal to Nike for giving me free shoes over the years for basketball, and now love the golf shoes they make and never had a problem. I have a narrow foot and Nike's seem to fit better for my narrow feet.

In my OU Stand Bag
Driver: R9 TP 10.5 Fujikura Motore 1 S
3Wood: R9 15 S
3H: Burner Rescue 19 S
4H: Burner Rescue 22 S5-AW: VR Full Cavity S .5 long & 3* uprightSW-LW: Wedges 54* - 68* Putter: Newport 2 with added sight line, 10 grams, & BOOMER SOONERGPS: Green Finder on Iphone

Note: This thread is 5528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!