IGNORED

Who plays Mizuno wedges?

Note: This thread is 5516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Used to have the mizzys but changed to vokes.

Same for me. I switched because I felt that the ball came off the Mizunos too hot. The Vokeys put more spin on the ball.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

So what made all you guys choose R series over T series or vice versa? I'm just wondering if it purely an asthetics decision.

I use the T series for my gap wedge because I like the look and the flatter leading edge - it seems easier from fairway lies and for chipping (less likely to dig). My sand wedge is the R series, which I liked because of the slightly more rounded leading edge, making it easier to dig ball out of sand or bad lies. I have always preferred the rounded leading edge for bunker play.

Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

So what made all you guys choose R series over T series or vice versa? I'm just wondering if it purely an asthetics decision.

The T series have a teardrop shaped head, while the R series has a more rounded shape. I chose the T series based on asthetics.

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

I recently spoke with a Mizuno rep about the differences from the MP-R to the MP-T and I was informed that there is no difference in performance or spin between the R and the T.

Its all a matter of asthetics. Some people prefer the more rounded MP-R, others prefer the more traditional, teardrop-shaped MP-T. I personally like the look of the MP-R, but my MP-T is so easy to hit and works great no matter what lie you are hitting off and its even easy to hit open-faced flop shots with that I really cant fault the MP-T.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I recently spoke with a Mizuno rep about the differences from the MP-R to the MP-T and I was informed that there is no difference in performance or spin between the R and the T.

yep, thats the only difference: shape

Thanks for all the feedback. Seems pretty even, maybe a little bit of an edge going to people preferring Mizuno at least for the feel.

Certainly for consistency of looks, Mizuno wedges would be nice as well. I feel like they'd be great for a full swing and controlling spin. Full swings with Vokey's are bound to spin back right off the green. Vokey's sound like they might have the edge for softer pitches and short chips because of the added spin.

The only thing I don't like is that a softer forged wedge will get the face/grooves worn out much quicker than the alternative, especially with sand play.

Hmmm... well, clearly the answer is to win the lottery, own both and then decide and not care about the cost factor.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Hmmm... well, clearly the answer is to win the lottery, own both and then decide and not care about the cost factor.

Or buy them used on Ebay for half price. All of my wedges were bought on Ebay and other than some very light wear, youd never be able to tell they had been used.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Or buy them used on Ebay for half price. All of my wedges were bought on Ebay and other than some very light wear, youd never be able to tell they had been used.

Yeah, that's what I did with my 56 and 60 vokeys. Like new condition, 90 bucks for both of them. Couldn't argue with that.

I may end up doing that. I'll probably just start with one, probably a Mizzy gap wedge, that'd be the one I'd be most likely to start using because it'll give me continuity in my new set of irons.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

I play the MP-T in G,S, &L.; The two things I had to adjust to was that the bounce was lower, and the different grind compared to what I had before (Srixon WG-704, which were great wedges by the way.)

Sorry, I have no clue about the Vokeys.

Note: This thread is 5516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!