IGNORED

Aiming

Note: This thread is 5523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lining up after the target is always difficult, that goes with feet and club. Find a spot right in front of your ball on the target line and use it. I often pick a spot on the tee which is aligned up to the target through a divot, tee or something.

Use a imaginary line through the ball and mark to visualize a line, then stand parallell to it. You can also pick a spot in front of your left foot and line up against.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A problem with a pull is possibly multiple problems.
Stance closed- You take the club back inside on you feet line then swing over the top down your shoulder line. creating a pull.
You could be coming out of your knee flex. and getting ahead then overcorrecting.

Watch phil set up. He stands behind then walks up. At semi address position he has his front foot back from his rear foot. Lines the club face at the target. Then squares himself to the club. Club is square you're square to the club. All Set! The front foot back assists in keeping a slightly open stance on set up. I do this all the way down to putter. It is the best thing I have ever figured out.

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

Clambake,
Nice post. I used to set up first with my feet perfectly parallel to each other to avoid the illusion that you describe, then when I was lined up I'd turn the left toe counterclockwise about 40 degrees before the swing. I gave up doing that, for no good reason. I can't seem to keep to a tight discipline about this whole alignment business as you are doing, yet I know it's very important and people watching me hit driver from the back of the box sometimes tell me I'm aiming right - it's always right. I push the blasted thing into the rough right and the guy says, "the ball went just where you aimed it". Great.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 5523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!