IGNORED

The fuss about Muzino irons

Note: This thread is 5505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

MIZUNO IRONS ARE THE CAT's ASS!

I have played nothing but mizuno irons. A little know fact when tiger came on tour he played mizuno irons that mizuno sent to nike blank. Nike then stamped the swoosh on them because he wanted to stick with HIS irons. Nike then got their crap together.

I played the Mp 14, then the MP 33, I now have a custom mixed set 4,5,6 mp 57 then 7,8,9 mp 67. I love them to death. they are so solid and responsive.
I would recommend Mizuno to anyone anytime anywhere.

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

I tried several (casted) irons over the past and went back to my forged Mizunos pretty quickly. The only thing i wanted from the was more forgivness, thats the reason why i got myself a set of MP-52 this years, but thats the only reason. The only Mizuno set that i tried and i was disappointed of were the MP-60s. Sure, you wont feel too much of the great promised feeling with a higher hcp but thats no reason not to play them imo.

BTW i hit my very first golfball in Egypt and loved the game ever since ;). But indeed its not easy to get new equipment to reasonable prices so i can imagine that its not easy for you to buy clubs without ever trying them.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Mostly true... When Tiger first came on tour, he used Mizuno irons (MP-14's) for a couple of years (even under his Titleist sponsorship), then later switched to Titlest irons when they had a comparable blade.

When he switched to Nike, they again used Mizuno's (blank like you said) until the Nike foundry could produce an iron Tiger would accept.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Wow that sounds alot like what I said!

MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

Wow that sounds alot like what I said!

Not really, you said that when Tiger

came on Tour he used Mizuno blanks stamped with Nike. He used regular Mizuno MP-14 irons for 2-3 years until his sponsor at the time, Titleist could produce a comparable iron, the 681. It wasn't until much later in his career that he switched to Nike equipment.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

Which then went back to Mizuno? before nike could make a comparable?
I guess I'll tell my buddy on tour that HE's wrong. Thanks Tiger!

Which then went back to Mizuno? before nike could make a comparable?

I think you're the one who's confused, I only corrected the first part of your statement. You said when Tiger came on tour, he used Nike stamped Mizuno's. When Tiger came on tour in 1996, Nike did not make golf equipment, and wouldn't for several years. Tigers first club sponsor was Titlest, and for the first couple of years under that contract, he used his Mizuno's. I don't know how much simpler I can make it.

Edited to Add: I've done some checking, I love and hate the internet... and for most of it, we are both wrong. When he came on tour he used a mix of Mizuno MP-14/29 irons. In late 1997 he started using "Titleist" irons. Where these "Titleist" irons were made, or who forged them seems to be a secret. Many point to Miura, who won't deny working with Woods... custom ground them for Titliest, but I don't want to speculate.. I don't have the full information, and the two reps who told me what I thought I knew, appear to be wrong. Tiger is very particular about his clubs, I'm sure he's the only one that knows the whole story from start to finish.

Cheers, Allan

I switched to my mizunos because a) I got a deal on them and b) I couldn't stand my Nike Ignites I had before. Between the generous offset + huge sole/topline it felt like using a baseball bat to cut a loaf of bread :)

Sure I get punished more on mishits now but I can already feel by swing improving by not having anything get covered up and I feel more confident standing over the ball.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

I just picked up my first set of Mizunos yesterday, MX-25s.

I've always played forged irons, Hogan's to Nike back to Hogans. I'm on my way to the range right now. I'd be very surprised if I'm not totally satisfied.

It's always difficult to really get a feel for irons when you're hitting indoors. Okay, I need to stop posting and just get out there and hit them.

Maybe I'll be the next to drink the Mizuno kool-aid... It's ironic, I was talking to the club pro yesterday morning about shopping for new irons and he suggested Mizuno. I said something to the effect of "you Mizuno guys, it's like some sort of cult." I wonder if I'm about to be a follower...
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

i was a huge fan of the mp60's- not good enough for them though. I would wait another year until you get a little better and get something a little bladier- this is just my $.02, i have found that mizuno makes great high end irons, however harder to hit... they are nice(to say the least)

driver: taylormade r7 superquad
woods: taylormade r7 tp 3 wood, r7 steel 4 wood, hybrid 2
irons: taylormade rac lt
wedges: taylormade tp
putter: scotty cameron santa fe

Yeah, they're sweet. The trajectory is fantastic. I've had a lower ball flight with my previous irons. This will be a welcomed change in the game. I can't wait to get off the mats and onto the grass.
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

You know thats pretty funny. Now that i think about it the mp-37s look alot like the new VR TW Blades minus the graphics.......

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I am hearing a lot of good talk about the Mizuno irons: MP 57, MP 30, MX 100, 200, 25, etc..

Unless you get into the exotic (if you will) irons like muira and a couple of other very high end non mass production irons, then mizuno and titleist irons are the best out there, every company makes good irons and it depends on the individual, I am a Mizuno faithfull now and won't switch as far as irons go but I would asy that switching irons can be very difficult,I would agree with getting more lessons if available before getting new clubs so that you can get equipment that's geared more towards a better swing, it will be much more worth it.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

i just got fitted for and bought mizuno mp 62's IM STOKED!

They get here in like a week :)))))))

I took the set from the store and demoed them before i bought them, and oh my god they felt nice. I put a huge dent in the pitching wedge though, i was hitting out of the rough and there was a rock there i didnt see.

THANK GOD they didnt notice when i gave them back in.

... forged technology... This means the metal is never turned into a liquid which allows it to be a ton more consistent than cast irons. Cast irons are created with hundreds of little air bubbles inside the head which can change the hit of the club every time.

Total BS. You are just repeating something you read on an internet forum.

well, i'm not a Mizuno iron lover, but i picked up a new Mizuno MX700 driver today. i tested out the Nike Dymo, TaylorMade R9, TaylorMade Burner, the Mizuno MX700, and the Bridgestone J33, and with my swing the Mizuno MX700 beat them all. After i picked it up this morning I played 18 holes and didnt miss a single fairway. So now my Callaway FT-i is collecting dust and I have a brand new MX700 in the bag. So, I can now vouch for their drivers anyway

What's the difference between the MP and the MX series??
From what I can get, the MX is more forgiving compared to the MP?? Also, the MX is cavity back while the MP are blades??

Uptill now, and according to reviews and the looks, I am inclined towards the MX-200. I will not be changing my irons anytime soon though, I have just got my X-14's last September and I still haven't got all I want out of them.

Rocket-Sauce, which FT-i driver do you have?
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

Note: This thread is 5505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!