IGNORED

What ball do you play...and why?

Dr_Fu_Manchu
Note: This thread is 5514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Srixon AD333-soft for a 2 piece, good al rounder and cheap. Im an 18 handicapper so doesn't matter too much on ball as long as the ball is soft enough. Spin isnt going to be important when you miss most of the greens. I generally lose a ball or 2 each round.

Is Srixon not popular in the US? I haven't heard it mentioned in this thread once

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play the Srixon Z-URS golf ball. Fly's straight and I like how it feels around the green. Very, very durable, I really like them.

boxcar

Great Divider cart bag
Orlimar Fury II QB 10.5* driver
Wilson Fatshaft 3 metal 15*
Wilson Fatshaft 5 metal 18*
Wilson Fatshaft 7 metal 21*Fastrax 5 26* HybridPing G2 6-PWPing 52*,56* & 60* i series wedgesPing G2i Craz-e 33" hozel putterSrixon Z-urs ball

srixion z urs are great i love the feel of the club.

In My Colonial Cart Bag
Driver: Big Ben CS3 9.5 Neutral
Woods: F60 3&5
Irons: BH5 Offset Model
Wedges: Sureout WedgesPutter: Karsten Zing USABalls: Z

I play the Srixon Z-Star. great feel off the club and around the greens. Srixon is just becoming big in the US after their purchase of Cleveland. Srixon is also the most popular golf brand in Japan.

Tp black, because its very far for a premium ball, the durability is pretty good. I also can back up my 8 iron with them, and i got 50 of them for 40 bucks...what a deal!

Callaway Tour i... because they are SWEET!!! Just fantastic. It's the only piece of "equipment" I'm devoted to. I've changed all of my clubs out over the past three years, but have never changed from the Callaway HX/Tour i.
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

on shorter courses the Nike Platinum, like the spin for short shots into greens.
on longer courses, the Tour IX, or if its an inbetween course, the provX, or the B330S

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I use the Nike One Platinum because it is the first ball that made me feel like I was in control. I never lost anything off the tee, It's the sweetest and most responsive on approach shots and par 3s, and the feel is just incredible. As you all can see, I'm not an 80s player but this ball gives me hope that improvement is on the way. It is a really great ball.

----------------------------------------------------------------
What's in My Bag?
Driver - R9 460 10.5* UST Proforce V2
F Wood - SQ2 3W 15* UST Proforce V2
Hybrid - Baffler DWS 20* Fujikura SpeederIrons - Pro CB (4-PW) Project X 6.0Wedges - CG14 52* CG12 56* & CG15 DSG 60* Putter - Studio...

I literally play with whatever I find on the course. I started playing years ago with a bag of clubs in the basement which had a few balls in it. Since then I've received balls as birthday/Christmas presents, but mostly I've just picked up balls on the course. To this day I don't think I've ever purchased a golf ball myself. It's one of the ways that I keep the cost of this game down.

I'm not one to dispute opinions, but I would be willing to wager that most players with a handicap under, let's just pick a number, 18, can find noticeable differences in balls. I don't think you have to be scratch to experience the game changing difference a ball can make.

I also see people playing 80's blades saying that clubs don't make a difference as they add up 102 for a round. Science is science. Technology makes a difference, even to those with higher handicaps, if not especially for those with higher handicaps. I could care less what people choose to play, but I do have to object to the idea that balls or any other equipment upgrades for that matter don't help the average golfer and I believe that is a 20+ handicap these days.
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

jhawker23,

I grant that you may be able to feel a difference between two balls. But the question is whether or not it affects your score.

Consider a shiny new Pro V1 and a range ball that has been sitting on the bottom of the pond for 6 months. Will I get a little more distance with the Pro V1? Sure. Will it be a little easier to get the Pro V1 to bite? Sure.

But I'm not a ~20 handicap because I'm coming up 15 yards short, or failing to get the ball to bite on the green. I shoot those scores because I occasionally pull my driver OB and have to hit 3 from the tee-box... or because I occasionally chunk/skull my irons from the fairway... or because I just plain miss a lot of putts. No golf ball is going to help with any of that.

For me, this is still a game of trying to keep my driver in play and hit my irons solid enough to be around the green in regulation with some consistency. For that, the ball doesn't matter.

For a scratch golfer, this is a game of being a few yards one way or another on the fairway and a few feet one way or another on the green. For that, I agree that the ball can make a difference.

For someone in between, I'll take your word for it. But I wouldn't suggest, as you seem to be suggesting, that playing a crappy ball is holding back a high handicap golfer.

By the way: For every golfer shooting a 102 with old blade irons, there are 10 more golfers shooting a 102 with modern game improvement clubs.

Tim

After playing bags of recycled balls all last year, I've switched to Top Flight Gamers at the end of last season/beginning of this season. For $20 a dozen, it feels enough like a Nike One Black or ProV for me. Its long enough off the tee, and its soft enough that it'll stop within a few feet if I hit a clean 8 iron.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

precept laddie x theyre cheap and play like an expensive ball.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

I'm not one to dispute opinions, but I would be willing to wager that most players with a handicap under, let's just pick a number, 18, can find noticeable differences in balls. I don't think you have to be scratch to experience the game changing difference a ball can make.

As a high handicapper, I completely agree with everything you've said.

I'm in the process of upgrading my bag, but for now I use an old set of clubs I got from Walmart oh, probably close to ten years ago. I can hit/play decent with them, but when I've hit my friends driver on the range, there's a huge difference. I'm not saying technology and new clubs are magically going to bring me down to a single digit handicap, but nice equipment definitely helps your game. Anyone who says otherwise, in my opinion, is foolish.

lately ive been playing taylormade red tp ldp's and i really like them... been playing bridgestones before that... love those too... once im completely out of my titleists i think i might stick to the taylormades...
why i like them... ive had my best rounds putting wise using them... really good luck chipping with them too
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Pro V1x for wet or windy days, Bridgestone B330s for dry quiet days.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Normally Noodles - Soft

I don't know though, my dad gave me a box of NXT Extremes and I'm gonna try those out this weekend. I'm constantly on trying different balls. Still haven't found one that I really prefer over the others, maybe the NXTs will be it.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

Note: This thread is 5514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!